This Pomegranate Margarita recipe is the perfect winter cocktail! Just mix some pomegranate juice into a traditional margarita recipe and top with lime seltzer water.
Serve this festive cocktail at winter parties
This pomegranate margarita recipe is the perfect thing to serve at a holiday party. It is refreshing just like a classic margarita, but with a simple twist.
Mix the tart and flavorful pomegranate juice with tequila, lime juice and agave nectar for the perfect drink. I like to serve these in medium cocktail glasses so I can add some lime seltzer for fizz.
Garnish these pomegranate margaritas with fresh pomegranate seeds and thinly sliced limes. Serve them to your guests on a tray for an added flair!
- Jigger for measuring cocktail amounts in ounces
- Cocktail shaker with strainer on top or a glass jar with a lid and a fine mesh strainer
- Liquid measuring cup
- Sharp knife for cutting limes
- Shallow dish for creating sugar or salt rim
- Medium sized cocktail glasses for serving
What should you serve with your pomegranate margaritas
This is the perfect thing to serve at a holiday cocktail party. I like to serve them with a cheese board or an assortment of dips for my guests. You can use some of the recipes below:
- Tequila – I like to use silver tequila for margarita recipes
- Lime juice – fresh squeezed lime juice is best
- Agave nectar – you can use honey or maple syrup instead
- Sugar for rim – feel free to make a salt rim instead
- Pomegranate juice – I like to buy the Pom brand juice
- Lime seltzer water
- Fresh pomegrante arils and lime slices to garnishing the drink
make pomegranate aril ice cubes
I love to make homemade pomegranate aril ice cubes for this cocktail. Take pomegranate seeds and place one in each slot of a silicone ice cube tray.
Fill the tray with water and freeze. The pomegranate seed will freeze into the ice cube.
How to make a pomegranate margarita recipe
Step 1: Prepare sugar rim
Step 2: Shake cocktail
Then, fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour in the tequila, lime juice, agave nectar, and pomegranate juice.
If you don’t have a cocktail shaker, you can use a glass jar with a lid. Shake vigorously to mix.
Step 3: pour into a glass over ice
Next, fill the glasses with ice. You can use homemade pomegranate ice too! Pour the cocktail over top through a strainer.
Finally, fill the glasses to the top with the lime seltzer and garnish with lime. Garnish with extra pomegranate seeds for a festive touch.
Make a pitcher of margaritas for a party!
Use this recipe to make a pitcher of margaritas for a party. The recipe below makes two glasses pomegranate margaritas. I would quadruple the recipe to make a pitcher of the cocktail.
Check out these other delicious cocktail recipes
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 3oz tequila
- 1.5oz lime juice + more lime for garnish
- 1/3 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- Sugar for rim
- 1 can lemon lime seltzer water
- Pomegranate arils for ice cubes
- Rub a slice of lime around the rim of two medium sized cocktail glasses. Dip each glass in sugar to coat the rim.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and pour in the tequila, lime juice, agave nectar, and pomegranate juice. Shake vigorously to mix.
- Fill the glasses with ice and pour the cocktail over top through a strainer. Fill the glasses to the top with the lime seltzer and garnish with lime.