This Healthy Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread is a tender banana bread recipe with a sticky cinnamon sugar layer through the middle and on top. I used almond flour and ghee to keep this banana bread gluten-free and dairy-free.
Upgrade your standard banana bread with a swirl of sticky cinnamon sugar
Normally I’m team chocolate chip banana bread, but this cinnamon swirl banana bread is like the perfect combo of banana bread and a cinnamon bun. This healthy banana bread is made with grain free flours and ghee so that has a satisfying buttery flavor without any dairy.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this cinnamon banana bread?
- Loaf pan
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Liquid measuring cup
- Butter knife, chop stick, or skewer
What ingredients will I need to make this gluten-free banana bread?
- VERY ripe bananas
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Coconut sugar
- Ghee Cinnamon
How do you make Healthy Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread?
Step 1: Prepare the batter
Next, in a separate mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Fold dry ingredients into wet. This batter will be thicker than a standard banana bread batter, but that is good!
Step 2: Prepare cinnamon sugar layer and swirl them together
Then, spread the second half of the batter into the loaf pan followed by the second half of the cinnamon sugar ghee mixture. Take a butter knife, chopstick, or skewer and run it through the loaf pan in a figure 8 pattern to swirl the cinnamon sugar ghee into the batter.
Step 3: Bake!
Next, place the loaf in an oven to bake for 40-45 minutes. It will be fully cooked through when you insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean. Allow the loaf to cool fully before removing from the pan and slicing.
Step 4: Enjoy!
How should I store this banana bread?
I like to keep mine in the refrigerator and reheat each time I want a slice. You can store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If you want to freeze this healthy cinnamon swirl banana bread, you can keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a loaf pan or line it with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl mash the ripe bananas with a potato masher or with a fork
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder
- Fold dry ingredients into wet and combine thoroughly – this mixture will be thicker than a standard banana bread, but that is good
- In a small bowl mix coconut sugar and cinnamon into the melted ghee
- Pour 1/2 of the bread batter into the loaf pan, spread into an even layer and then pour half of the cinnamon, sugar ghee on top of that
- Spread the second half of the batter into the loaf pan and pour the rest of the cinnamon sugar ghee on top
- Take a knife, chopstick or wooden skewer and make figure 8 patterns through the loaf pan to swirl the cinnamon sugar ghee into the bread batter
- Place in the oven to bake for 40-45 minutes – the loaf will be done when you can insert a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean
- Allow the loaf to cool fully before removing from the pan and cutting into slices
**I have not tested with any other flour combinations. Coconut oil can work in place of the ghee, but I have not tested with butter