Use this Sugar Cookie Latte Syrup recipe to make the Starbucks Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte at home! This sugar cookie syrup is perfect for any coffee drink.
Make your favorite starbucks holiday drink at home with this sugar cookie syrup
One of the best parts of the holiday season are the Starbucks holiday lattes, BUT they can be pretty pricey. Two years ago I started making my own holiday syrups at home in order to save money and I am SO glad that I did.
This year Starbucks debuted their sugar cookie almondmilk latte and everyone is raving about it. It is made with a sugar cookie syrup that has a subtly sweet sugar cookie taste.
I remade this latte syrup at home with better ingredients so that I could eat a little better AND save lots of money while I was at it. I love using this sugar cookie syrup in all kinds of coffee and tea drinks.
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups
- Liquid measuring cup
- Sauce pan
- Glass jar for storage – I like to use a 2 cup mason jar with a plastic replacement lid
Other ways to use this sugar cookie syrup
I love to use this syrup in coffee of any kind, but I understand that not everyone is a coffee drinker so here are some other ways to use it!
- Sweeten chai or english breakfast tea with a spoonful
- Drizzle over the top of pancakes or waffles in place of maple syrup
- Drizzle over vanilla bean ice cream and crumble sugar cookies over top to make a delicious sugar cookie sundae
My favorite way to make a sugar cookie latte
I love to use this sugar cookie syrup to make a sugar cookie cold foam that I pour over cold brew!
- 8oz cold brew
- 1 tbsp sugar cookie syrup
- 1/4 cup half and half
Fill a small glass with ice and pour the cold brew into the glass. Then, using a hand whisk or milk frother with a cold foam setting, froth together the half and half and sugar cookie syrup.
Pour the sugar cookie cold foam over the top of the cold brew and enjoy!
How to make a sugar cookie latte syrup
Step 1: Simmer coconut milk and coconut sugar
To begin, pour coconut milk and coconut sugar into a sauce pan. Then, whisk together and bring to a boil.
Be careful not to let the mixture boil over out of the pan. Then, reduce the heat to a simmer and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes. Stir the syrup occasionally with a whisk.
Step 2: Mix in extracts and cool completely
Mix until the extracts are fully mixed into the syrup.
Step 3: use in your favorite beverage
Finally, allow the mixture to cool completely and transfer to a glass jar with a lid. Store in the fridge and use in your favorite coffee drinks!
Copycat Starbucks Sugar Cookie Almondmilk Latte
- 2 shots of espresso
- 2 tbsp sugar cookie syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Sprinkles – optional
Brew two shots of espresso or prepare a small strong cup of coffee. Stir the sugar cookie syrup into the espresso.
Fill a glass with ice and pour the sweetened espresso over the ice. Froth the almond milk in a frother that has a cold setting or use a hand whisk.
Pour frothed almond milk into the glass. Top with festive sprinkles and enjoy!
Store this syrup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. It may harden slightly in the fridge due to the coconut milk. Run it under some warm water in the jar to loosen the sugar cookie syrup.
Check out these other homemade latte syrups
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- Pour coconut milk and coconut sugar into a sauce pan. Whisk together and bring to a boil. Be careful not to let the mixture boil over
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and whisk in the vanilla extract, almond extract and salt.
- Allow the mixture to cool completely and transfer to a glass jar with a lid. Store in the fridge and use in your favorite coffee drinks!
If the mixture solidifies in the fridge, this is normal and due to the coconut milk. Just run the under warm water to loosen the syrup