Make Starbucks Caramel Brulee Latte Syrup with this simple recipe. Then, save time and money by making your favorite holiday latte at home!
Make the best starbucks holiday latte at home!
I love making Starbucks copycat recipes especially for their holiday latte syrups. Don’t get me wrong, I love hitting that drive through just as much as anyone else, but there is something so wonderful and cozy about making a holiday latte at home.
This caramel brulee latte syrup is like the perfect combination of a vanilla syrup and caramel syrup. It pairs so nicely with any coffee or tea to add a bit of sweetness and flavor.
My favorite way to enjoy it is in cold foam over cold brew or in a caramel burlee latte. I love keeping a jar of it in the fridge throughout the holiday season so I can offer my guests a gourmet coffee at home.
- Measuring cups, measuring spoons and a liquid measuring cup
- Flat spatula
- Small saucepan
- Glass jar for storage
- To make a latte you will need an espresso machine or a stove top espresso maker like a moka pot
There are so many different ways to us this decadent caramel brulee sauce. The most obvious way is with coffee or tea.
You can use it with hot or iced coffee. I like to brew coffee in my regular pot in the mornings and stir a small spoonful of the syrup into my mug for just a touch of sweetness. For even more sweetness you could serve it alongside of a batch of oreo cinnamon rolls.
Use this latte syrup almost like a caramel sauce to drizzle over desserts! Drizzle it over the top of ice cream or holiday pies and cakes. You can even sweeten breakfast foods like pancakes and waffles with a little drizzle of this syrup.
- Brown sugar
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
- Kosher sea salt
To make this caramel brulée latte syrup dairy free you can use sweetened condensed coconut milk in place of the standard sweetened condensed milk. There may be a touch of coconut flavor with that swap, but it really does not bother me.
You get the best caramelized sugar flavor when you use brown sugar to make this recipe, but if you prefer you can use coconut sugar
How to make Caramel brulee latte syrup
Step 1: Whisk ingredients together
To begin, place brown sugar, water and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk together until a smooth mixture remains.
Step 2: simmer caramel Brulee syrup
Then, bring the mixture to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes, whisking frequently.
Clumps will form if you do not whisk vigorously enough while simmering so be sure to keep whisking. After 15 minutes, remove from heat and mix in vanilla extract and salt.
Step 3: Cool and transfer to a jar
Allow the syrup to cool in the sauce pan whisking occasionally as it cools taking time to whisk out any clumps
Finally, transfer to a glass jar and store in the fridge for up to one month.
Caramel Brulee Latte Recipe
- 2 shots of espresso
- 2 tbsp caramel brulee syrup
- 1/3 cup milk of choice – I prefer dairy milk like half and half, but you can use oat milk, almond milk or soy milk too
Brew 2 shots of espresso over the caramel brulee syrup and mix together. Froth milk using a milk frother or whisk steamed milk using a handheld whisk. Pour frothed milk over the sweetened espresso and top with whipped cream and a drizzle of the syrup.
Caramel brulee cold foam
One of my favorite ways to enjoy this copycat recipe is to mix 2 tbsp of the syrup with 1 tbsp of heavy cream and 2 tbsp of whole milk to create cold foam. You can froth the milk mixture with the syrup using an electric hand whisk or you use a milk frother on the cold foam setting.
I like to pour the cold foam over cold brew or iced coffee.
I recommend storing your latte syrup in a glass jar in the refrigerator. It will be good in the fridge for up to 1 month.
If you want to give a homemade caramel brulee latte syrup as a gift, you can store it at room temperature for a couple of days. Just write “please store me in the fridge!” on the gift tag to remind your recipient.
The syrup will thicken slightly in the fridge, but it will still be good. If you want to thin it slightly, run it under warm water in the jar before using.
Check out these other starbucks latte syrups!
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Syrup
- Sugar Cookie Latte Syrup
- Pepperment Mocha Latte Syrup
- Gingerbread Latte Syrup
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Place brown sugar, water and sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk together until a smooth mixture remains.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and simmer for 15 minutes, whisking frequently. Clumps will form if you do not whisk vigorously enough while simmering.
- After 15 minutes, remove from heat and mix in vanilla extract and salt.
- Allow the syrup to cool in the sauce pan whisking occasionally as it cools taking time to whisk out any clumps
- Transfer to a glass jar and store in the fridge for up to one month.
- Use with hot or cold coffee and tea drinks
- You can use standard granulated sugar or coconut sugar in place of brown sugar
- This will thicken when cold. You can run glass jar under warm water to thin