This Sheet Pan Mustard Chicken recipe is the perfect way to make oven baked chicken thighs. Toss your boneless chicken thighs and veggies in a mustard sauce and bake to make the perfect one pan chicken and veggies recipe.
This savory mustard chicken thigh recipe is perfect for meal prep!
I like to create recipes that can be easily used for more than one meal. Sheet pan suppers are the perfect way to cook once and enjoy the recipe all week. This one pan chicken and vegetable dish is on repeat at our home.
You can enjoy this sheet pan chicken and veggies recipe immediately with rice, cauliflower rice or potatoes. Then, you can use the leftovers on salads or in a wrap.
One of my favorite salads from Sweet Green is one with roasted veggies, chicken thighs and goat cheese. I use the leftovers from these oven baked chicken thighs and veggies to make a version of this salad at home.
With one sheet pan dinner recipe I can make at least 4 meals! Just take the roasted chicken and vegetables and add any other ingredients you love to make the perfect salad.
What kitchen tools will I need to make these mustard chicken thighs?
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Liquid measuring cup
- Mixing bowl
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper or cooking spray to grease sheet pan
Serve this delicious one pan chicken and veggies meal with any of your favorite starches. It is delicious with brown rice, quinoa, orzo pasta or couscous.
For a low carb meal, enjoy this mustard chicken and veggies on its own or on a salad. I like to chop up the chicken and serve it over lettuce. Then, I add pickled red onions and goat cheese and toss in an apple cider vinaigrette.
What ingredients will I need to make these sheet pan chicken thighs?
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Fresh, raw veggies – I used broccoli, brussels sprouts and carrots
- Oil – olive oil or avocado oil
- Whole grain mustard
- Coconut aminos or soy sauce
I used broccoli, brussels sprouts and carrots for this meal, but you can use any veggies that you would like. Some of my favorites are cubed sweet potato, red onions, green beans and cauliflower. Just be sure to chop the veggies in uniform sizes so that they all cook evenly.
In my opinion, whole grain mustard is best for the mustard sauce, but you can also use ground dijon mustard, yellow mustard or spicy brown mustard instead.
I like to season this one pan chicken and veggies dish simply with salt and pepper. You could add extra seasoning to it like garlic powder, smoked paprika or crushed red pepper.
Let’s make Sheet Pan Mustard Chicken and Veggies!
Step 1: Preheat oven and prep veggies
The vegetables must be chopped small enough that they will cook in the same amount of time as the chicken thighs.
Next, arrange chicken thighs and veggies on the baking sheet in a single layer.
Step 2: Prepare mustard sauce
Next, use your hands or tongs to mix up the chicken and veggies so they are evenly coated in the sauce.
Step 3: Bake for 35 minutes
Then, place the sheet pan chicken and veggies in the oven to bake for 35 minutes at 400F. Check that the chicken is cooked with a thermometer. You are looking for an internal temperature of 165F.
Finally, remove the sheet pan from the oven and allow to cool slightly before enjoying!
How long will these chicken thighs and veggies keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, allow the mustard chicken thighs and veggies to cool completely. Place them in an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
You can freeze this meal in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 months. Allow it to defrost slowly in the refrigerator and then reheat in the oven.
Check out these other sheet pan meals!
- Sheet Pan Pineapple Chicken
- Sheet Pan Tomato Artichoke Chicken
- Simple Sheet Pan Salmon
- Chicken Apple Sausage Sheet Pan Supper
- Sheet Pan Steak Dinner
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Chop veggies into bite size pieces – the vegetables must be chopped small enough that they will cook in the same amount of time as the chicken thighs
- Arrange chicken thighs and veggies on the baking sheet
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the oil, whole grain mustard, coconut aminos (or soy), and salt
- Pour the mustard sauce all over the chicken and veggies on the sheet pan
- Use your hands or tongs to mix up the chicken and veggies so they are evenly coated in the sauce
- Place in the oven to bake for 35 minutes at 400F
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and allow to cool slightly before enjoying!