Make juicy chicken thighs and tender baby potatoes in one pan with this Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs recipe. Just toss chicken and potatoes in a simple lemon pepper chicken marinade and bake!
Make a flavorful Chicken and potato dish in just one pan
Delight your family at dinner and serve up crispy lemon pepper chicken thighs with baby potatoes. Just toss some chicken thighs and potatoes in a simple lemon garlic marinade and place them on a sheet pan to bake.
The chicken thighs turn out perfectly crispy and the potatoes are fork tender. You can serve this meal alone or with any veggie you like. I like to serve it with a simple green salad or maybe air fryer brussels sprouts.
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- Measuring spoons and liquid measuring cup
- Sharp knife and cutting board
- Small bowls
- Basting brush
The beauty of a sheet pan meal is that you can serve it immediately just the way it is! Serve this baked lemon pepper chicken with the tender baby potatoes on its own or add some extra veggies.
I like to chop up some fresh parsley or dill and sprinkle it on top for brightness. Serve this with a simple green salad or with a veggie side like green beans almondine or honey mustard three bean salad.
If I have leftovers I like to cut the chicken off the bone and cut the baby potatoes in half. Then I make a simple green salad on romaine or butter lettuce and toss it all in an apple cider vinaigrette.
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make a lemon pepper chicken marinade for this dish.
I love to use bone in skin on chicken thighs for this recipe, but you can also use boneless skinless chicken thighs. They may cook faster than the bone in so be sure to check the internal temperature as they cook. They will be fully cooked when the internal temp reaches 165 degrees F.
Baby potatoes are perfect because you don’t have to chop them at all. You can also use russet potatoes, golden potatoes or sweet potatoes in place of the baby potatoes. Be sure to cut them into bite size cubes so they cook through.
how to make baked lemon pepper chicken thighs
Step 1: Prep ingredients and marinade
To begin, preheat oven to 425F. Rinse and dry baby potatoes.
Then, mince garlic cloves, zest the lemon and squeeze out lemon juice. In a small mixing bowl whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, dijon mustard, minced garlic, and olive oil.
Step 2: Arrange chicken and potatoes on sheet pan
Next, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the chicken thighs on the baking sheet. Brush the marinade over the top of the bottom of the chicken thighs then flip them over and brush it over the top in a thick layer.
Step 3: Bake and enjoy!
Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake at 425F for 35 minutes. Check to make sure the chicken has reached an internal temp of 165F before removing from the oven. Let cool slightly and enjoy!
Storage and reheating
Allow this lemon pepper baked chicken to cool completely and then transfer to an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheat in the oven or toaster oven until the chicken is just warmed through. You can also cut the cooked chicken off the bone and serve cold on top of salads like this kale caesar.
Check out these other delicious sheet pan meals
- Sheet Pan Harissa Salmon
- Sheet Pan Steak Dinner
- Chicken Apple Sausage Sheet Pan Supper
- Sheet Pan Mustard Chicken and Veggies
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- Preheat oven to 425F. Rinse and dry baby potatoes. Mince garlic cloves.
- Zest the lemon and squeeze out lemon juice. In a small mixing bowl whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, dijon mustard, minced garlic, and olive oil.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the chicken thighs on the baking sheet. Brush the marinade over the top of the bottom of the chicken thighs then flip them over and brush it over the top in a thick layer.
- Toss the potatoes in the remaining marinade and place on the baking sheet. Season the chicken thighs and potatoes liberally in salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake at 425F for 35 minutes. Check to make sure the chicken has reached an internal temp of 165F before removing from the oven. Let cool slightly and enjoy!