This Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner. Serve this baked Italian sausage alongside veggies, on pasta or on toasted rolls.
Make a whole dinner all on one pan
This sheet pan sausage and peppers meal will be in my new frequent rotation for dinner. Sheet pan meals make weeknight dinner so easy and fast.
This one includes flavorful Italian sausage, veggies, and a nice herby sauce to go on top. It is also one of the easiest ways to cook Italian sausage perfectly!
And the best part of this sheet pan dinner? Depending on how many you’re feeding, it makes plenty of leftovers.
I promise you will love how simple it is to bake sausages in the oven. Just toss the sausages, peppers, and onions in a simple sauce and bake!
- Cutting board and sharp knife
- Measuring spoons
- Frying pan
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowl
- Tupperware for storage
how to serve
My go-to way to eat this sausage, peppers and onions meal is on toasted rolls. You could do a hoagie roll or even a hot dog bun. We will often eat the baked sausage leftovers over pasta with some extra veggies.
Some may like this meal with rice. You could also slice up the sausages and put everything between two tortillas with mozzarella and make a type of quesadilla. The possibilities are endless!
- Italian sausages (sweet or hot)
- Bell peppers
- Yellow onion
- Tomato paste
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder
How to make Sheet pan sausage and peppers
Step 1: Prep the ingredients
Step 2: Prepare the sausages
Heat a frying pan over medium heat, lightly grease the pan, and sear the sausage links on each side. Don’t skip this step! The oven baked Italian sausages will taste much better if they are first browned on the stovetop.
Step 3: Mix everything together
Then, toss the seared sausage, bell peppers, onions, herbs and spices together in a mixing bowl. Pour the tomato paste, balsamic, oil mixture into the bowl and toss again.
Step 4: Bake
Place the ingredients on a baking sheet and arrange so the sausages lay flat on the sheet.
Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. See post above for ideas on how to serve!
Storage and reheating
Once cooled, this meal will store in an airtight container for up to 4 days. To reheat, simply pour everything onto a parchment lined sheet and heat at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, or until baked sausage is warmed through.
Check out these other simple sheet pan meals
- Sheet Pan Harissa Salmon
- Chicken Apple Sausage Sheet Pan
- Sheet Pan Steak Dinner
- Sheet Pan Mustard Chicken and Veggies
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 1 lb Italian sausages (sweet or hot)
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Slice bell peppers into thin strips and chop onion into half moon strips. Whisk together tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Heat a frying pan over medium heat, grease the pan lightly and sear sausage links for 3 minutes on each side.
- Place warm seared sausage in a mixing bowl with the bell pepper and onions. Pour salt, pepper, oregano and garlic powder into the bowl and toss to mix evenly. Pour the balsamic, tomato paste and oil mixture over the sausage and peppers and toss again.
- Pour ingredients onto the baking sheet and arrange so that the sausages lay flat on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven at 425F for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Serve over pasta, with veggies or on a roll.
Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.