Sheet Pan Tomato and Artichoke Chicken is the perfect one pan meal. Make this easy artichoke chicken recipe in just 30 minutes for a healthy and delicious dinner.
Use simple ingredients to make this healthy artichoke chicken Bake
You don’t need any fancy kitchen tools or ingredients to make this delicious chicken artichoke bake. Just toss some simple ingredients together, place it on a lined sheet pan and bake.
The star of this recipe are really the marinated artichokes. You will use the oil that they are packed in to flavor the chicken. They also add a nice acidity to the dish without lots of extra ingredients.
I got the idea for this simple artichoke chicken from my dad who is an amazing cook. He told me about a similar dish he made from mostly pantry items and I knew that I had to recreate it for the blog.
It is amazing how much flavor you can pack into a meal without a lot of extra ingredients!
- Can opener
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
This chicken artichoke recipe can be a full meal all on its own or you can serve it with sides to make a heartier meal. I love to serve it with a simple side salad tossed in my apple cider vinaigrette.
You could also saute some fresh spinach in garlic and serve the garlicky spinach as a simple side dish. You can also bake the spinach on the sheet pan along with the rest of the meal.
To add some carbs to the meal, serve this artichoke chicken with roasted potatoes, orzo, pasta, or rice. You could even serve it with roasted cauliflower for a low carb option.
If you’re looking for another simple chicken dinner, try this bruschetta chicken. It is a one pan dish that you can make even easier by using store-bought bruschetta.
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder
- Roasted and marinated artichoke hearts in oil
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil for garnish
You can replace the boneless skinless chicken thighs with chicken breasts. They will take a bit longer to cook than the thighs so be sure to keep an eye on them and only remove them from the oven when they reach an internal temperature of 165F.
To simplify this artichoke recipe, use a few teaspoons of an Italian seasoning blend in place of the seasonings listed here. Check if the seasoning contains salt, if it doesn’t, still mix the salt into the recipe.
I like to use unsalted canned diced tomatoes for this recipe, but you can use fresh diced tomatoes or fire roasted diced tomatoes instead. You can also use shredded mozzarella in place of the shredded parmesan cheese.
Hot to make Sheet Pan Tomato and Artichoke Chicken
Step 1: Toss chicken with artichokes and tomatoes
To begin, preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, place chicken thighs in a large mixing bowl.
Open the marinated artichokes and take 2 tbsp of the oil from the jar and drizzle over chicken thighs. Next, drain excess oil from the jar and pour artichokes into the bowl with the chicken.
Open the can of diced tomatoes and drain the excess liquid. Pour the diced tomatoes into the bowl.
Pour salt, garlic powder, dried oregano, and pepper into the mixing bowl. Then, toss the chicken with the artichokes, diced tomatoes and seasonings until evenly mixed.
Step 2: Bake artichoke chicken in the oven
Next, arrange the chicken thighs on the baking sheet with the tomatoes and artichokes on top of and around the chicken. Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes at 400F.
Remove the pan from the oven but leave the oven on. Sprinkle the chicken with shredded parmesan cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Finally, remove from the oven and garnish with ribbons fresh basil.
Storage and reheating
Allow this chicken artichoke recipe to cool completely. Then, transfer to an airtight container.
Place the container in the fridge and store for up to 4 days. Reheat individual servings in an oven, toaster oven or air fryer at 300F until just warmed through.
Top with extra shredded parmesan cheese before reheating to refresh the dish.
Check out these other delicious sheet pan dinners!
- Simple Sheet Pan Salmon
- Sheet Pan Steak Dinner
- Chicken Apple Sausage Sheet Pan Supper
- Pork Chop Sheet Pan Supper
Keep reading to find the full recipe. If you make it please let me know in the comments or on my Instagram!
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 12oz roasted and marinated artichoke halves packed in oil
- 14oz unsalted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Optional: fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place chicken thighs in a large mixing bowl. Open the artichokes and take 2 tbsp of the oil from the jar and drizzle over chicken thighs.
- Drain excess oil from the jar and pour artichokes into the bowl with the chicken. Open the can of diced tomatoes and drain the excess liquid. Pour the diced tomatoes into the bowl.
- Pour salt, garlic powder, dried oregano, and pepper into the mixing bowl. Toss the chicken with the artichokes, diced tomatoes and seasonings until evenly mixed.
- Arrange the chicken thighs on the baking sheet with the tomatoes and artichokes on top of and around the chicken.
- Place the sheet pan in the oven and cook for 20 minutes at 400F
- Remove from the oven but leave the oven on
- Sprinkle the chicken with shredded parmesan cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes
- Remove from the oven and garnish with ribbons fresh basil
- You can replace the chicken thighs with chicken breasts, but they will need to cook longer
- Store in the refrigerator and for up to 4 days