Combine the fresh flavors of lemon and artichokes for this delicious Lemon Artichoke Chicken Skillet. Serve this recipe with pasta, rice, quinoa or veggies for the perfect weeknight dinner.
A bright weeknight dish that is perfect for busy nights
This one-skillet lemon artichoke chicken is so delicious and fresh. It uses minimal ingredients and comes together quickly.
Tender pieces of chicken breast in a vibrant lemon and artichoke sauce make for an easy, comforting meal. I love to serve this dish for a weeknight dinner, then pack up the leftovers for easy lunches all week!
I recently made this dish for my wife after a long day spent working on renovations in our new home. It came together so quickly and was just what we needed to refuel and unwind!
- Large skillet
- Sharp knife and cutting board, for chopping
- Small mixing bowl
- Liquid measuring cup
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Tongs and wooden spoon, for sautéing and stirring
This chicken with artichokes and lemon is best served alongside a starch or vegetable accompaniment.
I love serving it with a grain such as orzo, quinoa, rice, or pasta. All of these soak up the flavorful pan sauce so well. For a grain-free option, you could substitute cauliflower rice.
I’ve also paired this recipe with roasted vegetables, such as broccoli, zucchini, peppers, and onions. Whatever side you choose, this dish will be a knock out in terms of flavor!
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Cornstarch or arrowroot starch – This coats the chicken to create a little bit of crisp and color. It also helps to thicken the pan sauce slightly
- Lemons- you’ll utilize both fresh squeeze juice and slices of lemon!
- Olive oil
- Marinated artichoke hearts – These typically come packed in a glass jar.Eeither the canned vegetable aisle or the Italian/pasta aisle
- Fresh parsley
How to make this dish for meal prep
To make this lemon artichoke chicken skillet for meal prep, follow the recipe as written. Choose a grain or vegetable base to serve with the chicken and prepare that as well.
Once everything is cooked, portion out the lemon artichoke chicken, grains, and vegetables into heat-safe individual containers. To reheat throughout the week, simply stick the containers in the microwave or oven, if oven-safe.
Leftovers keep for up to 5 days in the fridge.
How to make Lemon Artichoke Chicken Skillet
Step 1: Cut the chicken and dredge
To begin, cut the chicken breasts into thin pieces using a sharp knife. In a small mixing bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt, and pepper.
Coat each piece of chicken in the cornstarch mixture.
Juice 1/2 of a lemon to yield 1 tbsp lemon juice. Then, slice another lemon crosswise into circles. Set aside.
Step 2: Sear the Chicken
Next, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and sear the chicken. You may need to work in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan if you don’t have a large skillet.
Sear the chicken for approximately 6 minutes, tossing often, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Step 3: Add the Lemon and Artichokes, and serve
Once the chicken is cooked, add the lemon juice, chicken broth, lemon slices, and marinated artichoke hearts. Let this mixture come to a bubble and simmer for approximately 5 minutes while the flavors marry.
Garnish with fresh parsley, serve with your favorite side, and enjoy!
Check out These Other chicken skillet recipes
- Caprese Chicken Skillet
- Lemon and Olive Chicken Skillet
- Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Skillet
- One Skillet Orzo Chicken and Mushrooms
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 lemons
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Cut chicken breasts into thin slices. Combine cornstarch, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl. Toss chicken in starch and seasoning mixture until its evenly coated.
- Squeeze half of a lemon so that you have 1 tbsp of lemon juice. Cut one lemon into thin slices and remove the seeds
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. When the oil is warm pour the chicken into the pan and cook, tossing frequently until almost cooked through about 6 minutes
- Pour 1 tbsp of lemon juice, chicken broth, lemon slices and marinated artichoke hearts into the pan and bring the mixture to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately
- Serve with rice, quinoa, pasta, orzo or roasted veggies
- Top with fresh parsley, black pepper and fresh herbs
- You can use chicken thighs in place of breasts