This Lemon and Olive Chicken Skillet is a healthy one-pan meal that is bursting with flavor from the lemon, olives, and capers. This skillet meal is perfect to serve with some rice, pasta, or roasted veggies.
A simple one pan chicken dinner with bright fresh flavors
Lately I have been looking for any excuse to cook with lemon. It is so bright and flavorful especially when you pair it with chicken or fish. This dish came from my love of lemon and kalamata olives!
Basically you will need to saute the chicken. Then, simmer some chicken broth to deglaze the pan and create a sauce. Finally, add the chicken back into the pan along with the olives, capers, and lemon juice!
Enjoy this simple, healthy one pan meal with rice, veggies, or pasta. It would even be delicious with some pearl couscous.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this Lemon and Olive Chicken Skillet?
What ingredients will I need to make this Whole30 chicken skillet?
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Arrowroot starch
- Chicken broth
- Avocado oil
- Lemon juice
- Sliced olives
- Lemon zest
Let’s make a Lemon and Olive Chicken Skillet!
Step 1: Prep and cook chicken
Then, heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Add chicken to warm pan and cook for 5 minutes, tossing frequently. Next, remove chicken from pan, set aside, and leave the pan on medium heat.
Step 2: Prepare sauce
Then, pour chicken broth into the warm pan and stir to incorporate any of the brownings from the chicken. Next, simmer for 5 minutes.
Step 3: Mix it all together
Add sliced olives, capers, and lemon juice to the broth in the pan along with the chicken.
Then, increase the heat to medium-high and cook for an additional 3 minutes tossing frequently. Finally, top with lemon zest and enjoy!
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will this Lemon and Olive Chicken Skillet keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, allow this dish to cool fully and then transfer to an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat on the stove top or in the microwave.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces
- Mix together arrowroot starch and black pepper
- Toss cut chicken in arrowroot starch and black pepper ensuring all pieces are coated
- Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat
- Add chicken to warm pan
- Cook for 5 minutes tossing frequently
- Remove chicken from pan, set aside and leave the pan on medium heat
- Pour chicken broth into the warm pan and stir to incorporate any of the brownings from the chicken
- Simmer for 5 minutes
- Add sliced olives, capers and lemon juice to the broth in the pan along with the chicken
- Increase the heat to medium-high and cook for an additional 3 minutes tossing frequently
- Top with lemon zest and enjoy!