This Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Skillet is a healthy one-pan meal that you can put together in less than 30 minutes. It is a Whole30 friendly chicken dinner that tastes like satisfying comfort food, but with just a few basic ingredients.
Make this comforting one-pan meal in less than 30 minutes!
I am always looking for some comfort food that also makes my body feel good. This Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Skillet fits right into that category. It is made with simple, healthy ingredients, but packs the flavor and comfort of creamy chicken alfredo.
This creamy sauce is made with cashews. Be sure to soak your cashews ahead of time. Once you have done that, this sauce takes less than 30 minutes to put together!
What kitchen tools will I need to make this Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Skillet?
- Large frying pan
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- High-speed blender
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
What ingredients will I need to make this healthy chicken skillet?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make this recipe with just a few simple foods.
Let’s make a Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Skillet!
Step 1: Soak the cashews and prep the chicken
First, soak raw cashews in water for at least 4 hours or up to overnight. Then, take 2 chicken breasts and slice in half long ways so you have 4 thin pieces. Next, season each of the 4 chicken breast pieces on both sides with salt and pepper.
Step 2: Steam the broccoli
Then, place broccoli florets in a large frying pan with 1/2 cup of water. Next, bring the water to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer. Steam the broccoli in the covered pan for 3 minutes then remove.
Step 3: Cook the chicken and make a sauce
Then, heat oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Add 3 smashed garlic cloves to the oil and cook for 5 minutes taking care not to burn them. Then, remove the garlic from the pan and leave the oil behind.
Next, increase the heat in the pan to medium and add the chicken to the pan. Cook the chicken for 3 minutes on each side. While the chicken cooks, blend the cashews, chicken broth, salt, and pepper into a smooth sauce.
Step 4: Combine it all in the pan
Finally, add the broccoli and sauce into the pan with the chicken. Simmer for a few more minutes taking care to coat the chicken and broccoli in the sauce.
Step 5: Enjoy!
How long will this recipe keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, store this recipe in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Can I freeze this recipe once prepared?
YES! Cashew sauces tend to freeze and defrost really well. If you want to freeze this, please allow it to cool fully before placing in an airtight container in the freezer.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!Print
Creamy Whole30 chicken and broccoli that you can make in one pan.
- Soak raw cashews in water for at least 4 hours or as long as overnight
- Steam broccoli florets by add broccoli and 1/2 cup of water to a large frying pan
- Bring the water to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover. Allow the broccoli to steam for 3 minutes
- While the broccoli cooks, slice each chicken breast in half long ways so two thin pieces remain from each breast. Season each piece on both sides with salt and pepper
- Remove steamed broccoli and excess water from the pan
- Heat avocado oil in the frying pan over medium-low heat and add 3 smashed garlic cloves to the pan
- Allow the cloves to cook in the garlic for 3 minutes taking care to not burn them, then remove the garlic from the pan, leaving the oil behind
- Increase the heat to medium and add the chicken to the pan
- Cook the chiken on medium for 3 mintues each side
- As the chicken cooks, prepare the creamy sauce by blending the soaked cashews, chicken broth, pepper, and salt in a blender until a smooth mixture remains.
- Add the steamed broccoli back into the pan with the cooked chicken and pour the sauce into the pan
- Allow the mixture to simmer for 3 minutes, stirring frequently so the sauce coats the chicken and broccoli
- Remove the pan from the heat and enjoy!
Keywords: skillet chicken, creamy chicken, whole30 skillet