Honey Garlic Pork Chops
These Honey Garlic Pork Chops are the perfect weeknight dinner. Saute pork chops and green beans in a sweet and savory honey garlic sauce and serve with rice.
honey and Garlic come together to make the perfect sauce
Sweet honey and savory garlic come together to make a comforting sauce for this pork and green beans recipe. It is a delicious homemade meal that will have you going back for seconds.
Pork chops are a classic dinner option that is easy to prepare. This honey garlic pork chop recipe is so tasty that you will be surprised it only required a few simple ingredients to whip up.
Serve these delicious pork chops with rice and you have the perfect balance of protein, carbs, and veggies. Tasty, healthy, and filling – all around a win!
I am sure this is a recipe that your family will love. Mix it into the weekly meal rotation or prepare it for meal prep and pack it for lunch!
- Cast Iron Skillet or Frying Pan
- Small bowl
- Cutting board
- Sharp chefs knife
- Measuring spoons
- Tongs or spatula
Pork and green beans go perfectly with a bed of rice. You could also make extra sauce and toss some rice noodles in the sauce.
There are so many different side dishes you can make to go along with this recipe. Enjoy these honey garlic pork chops with a side salad or mashed potatoes.
- Green beans
- Boneless pork chops
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Garlic cloves
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
This honey garlic pork chops recipe can also be made gluten-free. Simply use coconut aminos or tamari in place of soy sauce and arrowroot starch in place of cornstarch to enjoy a gluten-free meal.
If you do not like green beans or do not have them on hand, feel free to omit them. Snap peas or snow peas also pair well with this honey garlic pork chops recipe.
You could also use bone in pork chops in place of boneless ones. The bone in pork may take a bit longer to cook so be sure to check for an internal temperature of 145F before removing the pan from the heat.
Using fresh and powdered garlic gives the sauce a deep garlicky flavor. If you don’t want it to be that deep or you don’t have fresh garlic, feel free to omit it and just use the powdered garlic. You could also add freshly grated ginger to the sauce to brighten it and make the flavors more complex.
How to make Honey garlic pork chops
Step 1: Prep ingredients
To begin making these honey garlic pork chops, trim green beans and cut them into 1” long pieces, and set aside. Pat pork chops dry with a paper towel.
Then, mix salt, garlic powder, and black pepper together and season pork chops on both sides. Next, whisk minced garlic, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, and cornstarch together until fully combined and set to the side.
Step 2: Cook pork chops and green beans
Next, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place pork chops in the warm skillet and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
Remove pork from the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Add a little more oil to the pan if necessary and place green beans in the pan and saute for about 3 minutes, tossing frequently.
Step 3: Add sauce, simmer, and serve
Now it is time to pour the sauce into the pan and bring it to a simmer. Simmer for 3 minutes tossing frequently.
Place pork chops back into the pan and toss to coat in the sauce and let them simmer for 2-3 more minutes. Once they reach an internal temperature of 145F, the honey garlic pork chops are ready to be served.
Storage and reheating
This honey garlic pork chops dish can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat either in the oven or on the stovetop until warmed through and enjoy.
Check out these other Pork Recipes
- Sweet and Sour Pork
- Pork Chop Sheet Pan Supper
- Easy Teriyaki Pork and Bok Choy
- Air Fryer Pork Tenderloin
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
Honey Garlic Pork Chops
Make honey garlic pork chops in a skillet with green beans for the perfect one pan meal!
- 12oz green beans
- 4 boneless pork chops – each about 1 inch thick
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic – finely minced
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tbsp cornstarch
- Trim green beans and cut into 1” long pieces and set aside.
- Pat pork chops dry with paper towel. Mix salt, garlic powder, and black pepper together. Season pork chops on both sides.
- Whisk minced garlic, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, water and cornstarch together until fully combined and set to the side.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place pork chops in the warm skillet and cook for 4 minutes on each side.
- Remove pork from the skillet and reduce heat to med low. Add a little more oil to the pan if necessary and place green beans in the pan.
- Saute green beans for about 3 minutes, tossing frequently.
- Pour sauce into the pan and bring to a simmer. Simmer 3 minutes tossing frequently.
- Place pork chops back into the pan and toss to coat in the sauce. Simmer for 2-3 more minutes. Pork chops are finished when they reach an internal temperature of 145F.
Leave a Comment