These Healthy Double Chocolate Muffins are fluffy, fudgy, and rich chocolate muffins that are grain-free, dairy-free, and nut-free. They are the perfect treat to add to your meal prep and enjoy throughout the week!
The perfect balance of light and fluffy and rich and chocolatey
I have come to realize that if I completely deprive myself of sweets I tend to go the opposite way and binge on them. A lot of people seem to agree with me on this point. It is better for me to have a healthier option I can grab each day.
With my psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis I can’t just grab any sweet treat. I have to be careful about the ingredients I am using. Thees muffins are dairy-free, nut-free, and grain-free, but I have not compromised on taste or texture. They are still fluffy and delicious and loaded with rich chocolate flavor.
What kitchen tools will I need to make these healthy nut-free muffins?
- Muffin tin
- Cupcake liners
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and measuring spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
- Mixing spoons
What ingredients will I need to make these healthy double chocolate chip muffins?
- Pumpkin puree – canned pumpkin, but check that the only ingredient is pumpkin
- Maple syrup
- Coconut oil
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips
Let’s make some healthy double chocolate muffins!
Step 1: Preheat oven and mix batter
To begin, preheat oven to 350F and line 10 cupcake tin slots with cupcake liners. Next, add eggs, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil to a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
Step 2: Fill muffin tins and bake
Next, add 1/4 cup of batter to each of the 10 cupcake mold slots. Then, place in the oven and bake for 32 minutes.
Step 3: Cool and enjoy!
Then, remove from the oven and allow them to cool fully before enjoying. Finally, store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days.
How should I store these healthy muffins and can I freeze them?
Once cooked and cooled fully, store these muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. If you want to keep them for longer, you can freeze these muffins for up to 4 months. You can remove them and defrost to enjoy one by one.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!Print
A grain-free, dairy-free, and nut-free super chocolatey muffin!
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 10 cupcake tin slots with cupcake liners
- Add eggs, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil to a large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly
- In a separate mixing bowl combine coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt
- Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients and then fold in the chocolate chips
- Add 1/4 cup of batter to each of the 10 cupcake mold slots
- Place in the oven and bake for 32 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool fully before enjoying
- Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days
Keywords: healthy double chocolate muffins, healthy double chocolate chip muffins, double chocolate chip muffins