These Healthy Blueberry Jam Muffins are gluten-free muffins made with a swirl of simple homemade blueberry jam. These paleo blueberry muffins are made with almond flour and sweetened lightly with a touch of maple syrup.
Gluten free muffins with a swirl of blueberry jam
One of my favorite muffins flavors are, of course, blueberry muffins. There is nothing better than a light and fluffy blueberry muffin. I made my own spin on a healthy blueberry muffin by making a simple jam with frozen blueberries.
Then I made a basic muffin batter and swirled a few teaspoons of the fresh jam into the batter. These gluten free muffins are super easy to throw together and even easier if you substitute some store bought blueberry jam for the homemade one.
What kitchen tools will I need to make these Healthy Blueberry Jam Muffins?
- Sauce pan
- Muffin tin
- Muffin/cupcake liners
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Liquid measuring cup
What ingredients will I need to make these paleo blueberry muffins?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make these gluten free muffins with just a few simple ingredients that you may already have on hand.
- Frozen blueberries and water or store bought blueberry jam
- Coconut oil
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
How do you make Healthy Blueberry Jam Muffins?
Step 1: Prepare the jam
First, add frozen blueberries to a sauce pan with some water. Heat over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Then, mash blueberries with a potato masher or the back of a fork.
Next, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the homemade blueberry jam to cool completely.
Step 2: Mix the batter
Step 3: Bake the muffins
Then, add 3 tbsp of batter into each of 9 muffin tin cups. Next, add 1.5 tsp of jam on top of the batter. Then, take a tooth pick and make figure 8 swirls in the batter to mix the jam into the batter.
Next, bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Finally, remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool fully before enjoying.
Step 4: Enjoy!
How should I store these healthy blueberry muffins?
Once made, store these muffins in an airtight container on the counter for up to 5 days. You can also freeze these muffins to keep for longer and defrost in the fridge or microwave.
Can I make these low carb blueberry muffins?
Yes! Just substitute 1/4 cup Swerve or zero carb sweetener of choice for the maple syrup. Then, use 1/2 cup coconut flour instead of almond flour. Finally, add 3 tbsp of almond milk to the batter prior to baking.
This method only makes about 6 muffins so you will need less of the homemade blueberry jam. About 3/4 cup of frozen blueberries and 1 tbsp of water should be enough to make the jam. By my calculations each muffin only has 4g of net carbs!
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!Print
Healthy gluten free muffins made with a swirl of simple homemade blueberry jam.
- Add frozen bluberries to a small sauce pan with the water over medium-high heat
- Heat for 5 minutes over medium-high and then smash down with the back of a fork or a potato masher
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes stirring frequently
- Remove from heat and allow the homemade blueberry jam to cool completely. (Alternatively, you can skip all of these steps and use 1/2 a cup of store bought blueberry jam)
- Preheat oven to 350F and line 9 muffin tin cups with liners
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, melted coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract until a smooth even mixture remains
- In a separate mixing bowl combine almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
- Fold dry ingredients into wet until evenly combined
- Scoop 3 tbsp of batter into each of 9 muffin tin slots
- Add 1.5 tsp of blueberry jam on top of the batter
- Mix the jam into the batter by making figure 8s with a toothpick in each muffin
- Bake at 350F for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before enjoying
Keywords: healthy blueberry jam muffins, gluten free blueberry muffin, healthy blueberry muffin