This Crockpot Meatballs and Sauce recipe is SO easy! Quickly prep the slow cooker meatballs in the morning and they are ready by dinner.
Tackle busy Weeknight with this ‘set it and forget it’ Recipe
There are few things I love more than an excellent homemade meatball. These meatballs in crockpot hit the mark in so many ways!
The meatballs themselves are tender and juicy and their flavor is amplified by the addition of ground Italian pork sausage. Keep things simple by using your favorite jarred marinara sauce.
Serve these slow cooker meatballs for an easy weeknight dinner or during the big game on a Sunday. I promise this will be a family loved recipe in no time.
- Slow cooker
- Mixing bowls
- Mixing spoons
- Measuring cups and spoons
How to serve
This recipe for meatballs in crockpot is delicious as is, but I’ve got a few excellent serving suggestions. My favorite way to serve these is traditionally, over pasta. I sometimes serve them with a side of garlic bread or No Knead Tomato Focaccia.
For extra veggies, you could serve these with a side of steamed or roasted vegetables of your choice. Serve on leftover mashed potatoes for the ultimate comfort food
Grab some fresh rolls and sharp provolone from your local bakery. Then, turn these crockpot meatballs and sauce into fuss-free meatball subs!
- Marinara sauce of your choice
- Beef broth
- Lean ground beef
- Italian pork sausage
- Italian seasoning
- Bread crumbs
- Worcestershire sauce
- Parmesan cheese for serving
this recipe is easy and versatile
I love the ease of preparing this recipe. Simply mix the meatballs in the morning, and dump everything in the crockpot. By dinner time you’ve got a meal ready to go.
This recipe is also freezer friendly! Once cooled, simply freeze the meatballs and sauce together in a large freezer bag or food storage container- no separation required.
This crockpot meatball recipe is a great freezer recipe to share with friends. Make ahead and freeze for things like busy winter nights or a maternity leave.
How to make Crockpot Meatballs and Sauce
Step 1: Prepare the meatballs
To begin, add the jarred marinara and beef broth to the crockpot, stir to combine, and set to low.
Combine the ground beef, italian pork sausage, seasonings, bread crumbs, eggs, and Worcestershire sauce, taking care not to overmix. Form the meatballs into 3tbsp size balls.
Step 2: Add to the crockpot and cook on low
Next, add the meatballs to the crockpot with the sauce and broth. It’s ok if the meatballs aren’t completely covered by the sauce.
Cook the meatballs on low for 6 hours.
Step 3: Reduce the sauce then serve
After 6 hours, remove the lid from the crockpot. Let the meatballs continue to cook with the lid off for an addition 1-2 hours. This is a crucial, flavor enhancing step to reduce some of the liquid in your sauce.
It also enhances the concentration of flavors in the sauce. After reducing, you’re ready to serve the meatballs. Enjoy!
Storage and freeze
Once prepared, store these meatballs in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
You can freeze the meatballs together in the sauce in one container for even more simplicity. I like to keep them frozen for up to 3 months and then reheat back in the crockpot!
Check out these other delicious meatball recipes
- Air Fryer Turkey Meatballs
- Pesto Baked Turkey Meatballs
- Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Meatballs
- Cast Iron Meatballs
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 25oz jar of marinara sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb hot or mild Italian pork sausage (casing cut off if they are links)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- Pour marinara sauce and beef broth into a crockpot. Stir together and set to low heat.
- Mix beef, pork sausage, salt, italian seasoning, bread crumbs, egg and worcestershire sauce together in a large mixing bowl – mix until just combined. If you over mix, the meatballs become tough.
- With wet hands roll the mixture into 3 tbsp sized balls placing them into the crockpot as you go. It’s okay if they aren’t all fully covered by the sauce.
- Place the cover on the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours. After 6 hours, remove the lid and toss the meatballs in the sauce. Leave the lid off for 1-2 hours to reduce the liquid in the sauce
- Serve warm however you like!