Make the EASIEST Chocolate Caramel Pretzels by melting soft caramel squares on mini pretzels and dipping them into chocolate. Top the chocolate caramel pretzel bites with rainbow sprinkles to make a festive treat!
This recipe was originally shared on Savory Experiments where I am a contributor.
Let’s make Yummy little Chocolate Caramel Pretzels!
When I was a kid I loved candy bars with pretzel and caramel. These homemade chocolate caramel pretzel bites are the perfect mini treat.
Make this simple dessert in just 4 easy steps. Serve these pretzel bites at a party, holiday or send home with guests as a favor!
- Mini pretzel twists
- Soft caramel candies – unwrapped and cut in half
- Milk chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips
- Sprinkles for decorating
Can I make these Chocolate caramel pretzels gluten free and dairy free?
Yes! It is easy to adapt this sweet treat to make it gluten free and dairy free. Just use gluten free pretzels, dairy free caramels and dairy free chocolate.
Customize this dessert for any holiday
You can make these chocolate caramel pretzels for ANY holiday! Make them just like this for birthdays!
For valentines day you can use pink chocolate melts and heart sprinkles. For Christmas you can dye the white chocolate red and green and use shimmer sprinkles.
How to make chocolate caramel pretzels
Step 1: Prepare the tray
Step 2: Melt the Caramel
Next, unwrap the caramel candies and cut them in half. Place one-half of a caramel candy on top of each pretzel.
After, pop the tray in the oven to bake for 3-5 minutes. When the time is up, the caramel won’t be fully melted, but thats okay.
Step 3: Melt the Chocolate
Then, while the pretzels and caramel cool, melt the chocolates separately. To melt the chocolate use a microwave or place it over a double boiler.
If using the microwave, melt gently in 30-second increments.
Step 4: Dip and Sprinkle!
Next, dip the pretzel with melted caramel into the chocolates alternating between the white chocolate and milk chocolate. Finally, while the chocolate is still warm, add sprinkles to the chocolate caramel bites
How should i store these pretzel bites
These can be enjoyed at room temperature and should be stored in an air-tight container. Try these pretzel bites frozen for a fun twist!
Check out these other simple dessert recipes!
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 48 mini pretzel twists
- 24 soft caramel candies – unwrapped and cut in half
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Sprinkles for decorating
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange pretzels evenly on the baking sheet.
- Unwrap caramel candies and cut in half. Place one half of a caramel candy on top of each pretzel. Place in the oven to bake for 3-5 minutes. The caramel won’t be fully melted, but thats okay.
- While the pretzels and caramel cool, melt the chocolates separately in the microwave or over a double boiler. If using the microwave, melt gently in 30 second increments.
- Dip pretzel with melted caramel into the chocolates alternating between the white chocolate and milk chocolate. While the chocolate is still warm, add sprinkles to the chocolate caramel pretzel bites