These Healthy Grilled Chicken Nuggets are a Chick-fil-A copycat made with simple, Whole30 friendly ingredients. You can grill these healthy chicken nuggets indoors and enjoy the grilled flavor year-round. Use them to top a salad or dunk in your favorite sauce!
Replace your Chick-Fil-A favorite with these Healthy Grilled Chicken Nuggets
There is something about a chicken nugget that I still love even as an adult.
Being able to eat them in one bite or dunk in a favorite sauce without using a fork and knife is still a simple pleasure.
These grilled nuggets are super easy to make at home. Just marinate the nuggets and then grill up on a grill pan or a cast-iron skillet.
I like to dunk them in all kinds of sauces, but especially my homemade ranch dressing.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this chicken?
- Mixing bowls
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Cast iron grill pan or regular cast iron skillet
What ingredients will I need to make these chicken nuggets?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make these flavorful chicken nuggets. Just grab these three simple ingredients.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Dill pickle juice – if you are on Whole30 pick juice from a Whole30 compliant dill pickle
- Avocado oil
Let’s make Healthy Grilled Chicken Nuggets!
Step 1: Cut Chicken Into Nuggets
First, slice the chicken breast in half horizontally so you have two thinner pieces. Then, slice those smaller pieces into bite size nuggets.
Step 2: Marinate Nuggets
Next, combine pickle juice and avocado oil in a mixing bowl. Then, toss the nuggets in the marinade. Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 4 hours.
Step 3: Grill the Nuggets
Then, oil a grill pan or cast iron skillet and heat over medium. Next, once the pan is warm grill the nuggets for 3 minutes on one side and then 2 minutes on the other.
Continue cooking the nuggets in batches until they are all cooked.
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will these grilled nuggets keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, allow the healthy chicken nuggets to cool completely. Then, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
You can reheat them, but I prefer to enjoy them cold on a sald!
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup pickle juice
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- Cut chicken breasts horizontally so you have 2 thinner pieces from each breast
- Cut the thinner pieces into small nugget shapes
- Combine pickle juice and avocado oil in a mixing bowl
- Add the chicken to the bowl and toss until all pieces are covered in the marinade
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 4 hours
- Oil either a grill pan or regular cast iron skillet – I use a cast iron grill pan
- Heat the pan over medium heat
- Once the pan is hot arrange nuggets on the pan – you will need to cook in batches
- Cook for 3 minutes on one side, flip and cook for 2 minutes on the other
- Cook in batches until all nuggets are cookes