Use this Grilled Caesar Salad with Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing recipe to make the perfect summer salad. Enjoy grilled romaine with a tangy caesar dressing and lots of parmesan cheese on the side of your grilled meats.
This homemade grilled caesar recipe was made for my little sister MJ!
For my fourth day of this grilling week, I am sharing Grilled Caesar Salad with Homemade Dressing and I am going to put my little sister on blast because I’m pretty sure she never reads these anyway.
When my little sister was young, roughly 9 or 10 years old she was a picky eater who would eat odd things in her pickiness. At restaurants, she would usually only order one of two things: a wedge salad or a grilled Caesar salad.
I am 7 years older than her and my 16-year-old self could never wrap my head around why this kid who wouldn’t eat pizza would chow down on a grilled Caesar salad.
Well MJ, I am here to eat my words because grilled Caesar salad is heavenly especially with homemade Caesar dressing and croutons.
Give grilled romaine lettuce a chance to wow you!
Let’s talk about romaine lettuce for a minute, because romaine hearts are a key ingredient to grilled Caesar salad with homemade Caesar dressing. Romaine lettuce seems to take a back burner to mixed greens or kale these days, but I think we need to have a romaine renaissance.
I fell back in love with romaine when I first did Whole30 in January 2019. You eat a LOT of salads on the Whole30 so I was diligent about finding new ways to use my romaine lettuce that wasn’t a sad desk lunch salad – even though my salads are never sad!
How do I make a homemade caesar dressing?
Moving on from my love affair with romaine because the homemade Caesar dressing is really the star of this grilled Caesar salad.
Personal preference, but I had to leave the anchovies out of my dressing recipe. I know people will tell me that I can’t taste them and they are just in it to add a salty depth of flavor, but I CAN taste them. Even if it’s just in my mind.
To make my creamy homemade Caesar dressing you will need a few simple ingredients and an immersion blender. I use my immersion blending to make most of my sauces, dressings and mayos and no other kitchen tool compares.
To make this dressing you will need:
Just place all of the ingredients in an immersion blender cup and blend!
Let’s make a Grilled Caesar Salad with Homemade Caesar Dressing!
To begin, fire up the grill and get ready to make this insanely easy grilled Caesar Salad. Then, grab a few hearts of romaine and slice them in half.
If the outer leaves seem wilted of are falling off, you should remove them before you begin to grill.
Next, brush the romaine heart halves with oil. Then, place then on the hot grill cut side down for just a few minutes to get a nice char.
I like to prepare the dressing prior to grilling my romaine so that I can quickly assemble my grilled Caesar salads.
To assemble, drizzle the grilled romaine with Caesar dressing, top with a generous serving of parmesan cheese and croutons and enjoy!
Can I make this homemade caesar salad ahead of time?
You can prepare the homemade caesar dressing ahead of time, but I recommend that once you grill the romaine lettuce, you should eat it immediately.
What should I serve with a Grilled Caesar Salad?
- Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- Marinated Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Grilled Surf and Turf Skewers
- Grilled Marinated Flank Steak
Keep reading to find the fully recipe! If you make this grilled caesar salad and homemade caesar dressing, please rate and review the recipe or share with me on Instagram!
Grilled Caesar Salad Ingredients
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce
- 2 large slices of stale bread
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
Homemade Caesar Dressing Ingredients
- Heat your grill over medium-high heat
- While the grill is preheating, prepare the dressing by adding all dressing ingredients to an immersion blender cup
- Blend with the immersion blender until all ingredients are incorporated and you are left with a thick, creamy dressing
- Cube stale bread for croutons, toss in oil and season with salt and pepper
- Slice each heart of romaine in half and brush with oil on the cut side
- Place croutons on the grill or in a grill basket to toast while you grill the romaine
- Place the romaine on the warm grill cut side down
- Leave the grill top open and grill the romaine without moving it for about 4 minutes or until it starts to have a nice char
- Assemble the caesar salads by drizzling the dressing over the grilled romaine and then top with shredded parm and croutons