Make this Stuffed Mushroom Dip to get all of the flavor of a cream cheese stuffed mushrooms in a skillet dip. Mix the ingredients, bake in the oven and use some toasted baguette or veggies to dip!
Simplify your stuffed mushroom recipe by making them into a dip!
I might be alone in this, but the most tedious part to making stuffed mushrooms is filling each individual mushroom cap. Instead I can make this recipe and get all of the flavor of cream cheese stuffed mushrooms in a dip!
This stuffed mushroom dip is also a great option for low carb diets. If you use celery or pork rinds to dip, its almost like you’re eating some keto stuffed mushrooms!
What kitchen tools will I need to make this creamy garlic mushroom dip?
- Smaller cast iron skillet for baking the dip – I used a 6″ cast iron skillet
- Sharp knife and cutting board for slicing the mushrooms
- Mixing bowls for mixing the ingredients
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups for measuring ingredients
What ingredients will I need to make this cream cheese stuffed mushrooms dip?
The main ingredient in this stuffed mushroom dip is, of course, cream cheese. Mix the cream cheese with some Greek yogurt and parmesan cheese for the perfect cheese mix.
- Cream cheese
- Full fat greek yogurt
- Shredded parmesan – some mixed into the dip and some on top
- Baby bella mushsrooms
- Avocado oil
- Fresh or dried thyme
How can I make this into a keto stuffed mushrooms dip?
My fiance sometimes eats a low carb diet so I try to make tweaks to my recipes for them to be keto friendly. This is already an almost fully keto dip!
If you want to lower the carb count, just take out the full fat greek yogurt and use some sour cream. The flavor will still be the same!
Let’s make a cream cheese stuffed mushrooms dip!
Step 1: Sauté mushrooms
Prior to making this dip, leave the cream cheese on the counter to soften. Then, preheat oven to 350F.
Next, remove the stems of the baby bella mushrooms and slice. Mince the garlic cloves.
Then, heat oil, garlic, and thyme in a cast iron skillet over med-low heat. Cook until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
Add the mushrooms to the cast iron skillet. Cook mushrooms, tossing frequently until slightly soft, about 7 minutes.
Then, salt the mushrooms and remove from heat.
Step 2: Prepare cream cheese mixture
Allow the mushrooms and cast iron to cool slightly. While the mushrooms cool, mix softened cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese.
Then, mix cheese mixture in with the cooked mushrooms and top with another 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
Step 3: Bake and broil dip
Place skillet in the oven to bake for 15 minutes. Then, increase the heat to broil and broil for 5 minutes or until the parmesan is browned and bubbling.
Remove the skillet from the oven and enjoy with toasted baguette, crackers or veggies!
Step 4: Enjoy!
How should I store this keto stuffed mushrooms dip?
I recommend eating this dip immediately for the best texture and flavor. If you want to save some of this dip, I recommend scooping it out of the cast iron skillet and storing in an airtight container in the fridge.
Reheat the dip in the microwave, oven, or toaster oven.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 8oz baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (1/4 tsp dried thyme)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (separated into 2 half cup portions)
- Prior to making this dip, leave the cream cheese on the counter to soften
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Remove the stem of the baby bella mushrooms and slice
- Mince the garlic cloves
- Heat oil, garlic and thyme in a cast iron skillet over med-low heat
- Cook until soft and fragrant about 3 minutes
- Add the mushrooms to the cast iron skillet
- Cook mushrooms, tossing frequently until slightly soft about 7 minutes
- Salt the mushrooms and remove from heat
- Allow the mushrooms and cast iron to cool slightly
- While the mushrooms cool, mix softened cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Mix cheese mixture in with the cooked mushrooms and top with another 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- Place skillet in the oven to bake for 15 minutes
- Increase the heat to broil and broil for 5 minutes or until the parmesan is browned and bubbling
- Remove the skillet from the oven and enjoy with toasted baguette, crackers or veggies!
** for keto stuffed mushrooms dip substitute sour cream for the Greek yogurt