Bruschetta Chicken Bake
This Bruschetta Chicken Bake is a super flavorful way to bake chicken. Stuff and top chicken breasts with homemade bruschetta and bake!
No more boring chicken recipes!
If you are looking to freshen up your rotation of chicken recipes, add this bruschetta chicken bake to your list. Both stuffed and topped with delicious bruschetta, this chicken will not be lacking in flavor.
If you are a fan of the popular Italian bruschetta appetizer, this recipe is based on that. The bruschetta is made up of garlic, tomatoes, parmesan cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried basil, salt, and black pepper and pairs perfectly with the juicy baked chicken.
This chicken bruschetta is a great recipe to wow dinner guests for a weekend get-together. At the same time it is simple enough to make for a busy weeknight meal. It reheats well, too, so you can enjoy leftovers for lunch the next day.
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups
- Sharp knife and cutting board
- Mixing bowl
- Casserole dish or other oven safe baking dish.
This chicken bruschetta is delicious on its own, but there are also many ways to serve it. You can’t go wrong pairing it with a side of pasta, rice, or potatoes.
For a fresh and lower-carb option, you could also serve it with a salad. Whatever you pair it with, it is a hearty meal that is sure to leave you feeling satisfied.
You could also make the bruschetta topping and use it for other dishes. It would be delicious on top of a piece of grilled chicken or on a piece of freshly cooked fish.
What is bruschetta?
Technically, bruschetta refers to the slice of bread, not the tomato basil topping. Under that definition, this recipe is incorrectly titled.
BUT most people think of bruschetta as the mixture on top and not the thinly slice of bread toasted with olive oil and garlic. Bruschetta topping traditionally includes chopped tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, fresh basil and fresh garlic.
- Roma tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Aged balsamic vinegar
- Dried basil and fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Balsamic reduction
Feel free to use boneless skinless chicken thighs in this bruschetta chicken bake instead of chicken breasts. Just make sure you cook the chicken thighs to an internal temperature of 165F to ensure they are cooked through.
To make this bruschetta chicken recipe even tastier, top the dish with a few handfuls of mozzarella cheese towards the end of baking. The mozzarella will melt and become a delicious topping.
Feel free to use an Italian seasoning blend in place of the dry seasonings listed in the recipe. You can also use quartered cherry tomatoes in place of the Roma tomatoes.
How to make this bruschetta chicken bake recipe
Step 1: Prep the Bruschetta
To begin, preheat the oven to 400F. While the oven is preheating, you can prepare the bruschetta stuffing and topping.
Start by finely dicing the Roma tomatoes and mincing the garlic. Next, mix tomatoes, garlic, parmesan cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried basil, salt, and black pepper together in a mixing bowl.
Step 2: Prepare the chicken for the bake
To prepare the chicken, cut a slice through the side of the chicken breasts so that you are able to stuff them. DO NOT cut all the way through into 2 filets. You just want to create a little pocket
Then, grease a casserole dish with olive oil and place the chicken breasts in the dish. Fill the center of each chicken breast with some of the bruschetta and cover the tops of the chicken breasts with the rest of the bruschetta.
Step 3: Bake and enjoy
Next, place in the oven and bake at 400F for 28-32 minutes depending on the size of the chicken breasts. Check after 28 minutes to ensure that the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165F.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Top with fresh basil and a drizzle of balsamic reduction and enjoy!
Storage and reheating
Once prepared, transfer any leftovers to an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
To reheat, warm in an oven at 250F until the chicken is warmed through. This should take about 20 minutes. You cold also cube the chicken, toss with the tomato mixture and warm on the stovetop over medium low heat.
Check out these other delicious Chicken Dinner Recipes
- Sheet Pan Tomato And Artichoke Chicken
- Easy Chicken Puttanesca
- Caprese Chicken Skillet
- Baked Tortellini with Chicken
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
Bruschetta Chicken Bake
Bake chicken breasts with a delicious homemade bruschetta
- 1lb roma tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1.5–2lbs total)
- Fresh basil and balsamic reduction for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Prepare the bruschetta by finely dicing the roma tomatoes. Mince the garlic and mix tomatoes, garlic, parmesan cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dried basil, salt and black pepper together in a mixing bowl
- Cut a slice through the side of the chicken breasts so that you are able to stuff them, but DO NOT cut all the way through into 2 filets. You want to create a little pocket
- Grease a casserole dish with olive oil and place the chicken breasts in the dish. Fill the center of each chicken breast with some of the bruschetta. Cover the tops of the chicken breasts with the rest of the bruschetta
- Place in the oven and bake at 400F for 28-32 minutes depending on the size of the chicken breasts. Check after 28 minutes to ensure that the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165F.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Top with fresh basil and a drizzle of balsamic reduction.
- Serve with pasta, roasted potatoes or rice
Leave a Comment