Make this Pumpkin Challah French Toast for a delicious and decadent fall breakfast. Soak challah bread in a pumpkin spice mixture overnight and then bake up a flavorful pumpkin French toast.
Use soft challah bread for make a decadent pumpkin French toast
One of the things I love about being home with my family for the holidays is gathering for breakfast as a group each day. Breakfast casseroles like this challah bread French toast are perfect because we can make them the night before and then just pop it into the oven.
It takes about 10 minutes to prep this pumpkin French toast at night and then it bakes in the oven for 40 minutes. As it bakes your home will smell lovely and will motivate your family to get to the table!
What kitchen tools will I need to make this challah bread French toast?
- 9×13 baking dish
- Bread knife and cutting board
- Measuring spoons, measuring cups, liquid measuring cup
- Whisk and mixing bowls
What ingredients will I need to make this pumpkin french toast casserole?
Make this pumpkin challah french toast ahead of time by combining the cubed challah bread with a pumpkin spice custard mixture. Allow the casserole to soak overnight and then bake!
- Challah bread
- Pumpkin puree
- Maple syrup
- Pumpkin pie spice
How to make Pumpkin Challah French Toast
Step 1: Cube challah and prepare liquid mixture
At least 12 hours before baking, prepare the challah French toast. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
Then, cut challah bread into cubes and add cubed bread to the greased baking dish. Whisk together milk, eggs, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla and pumpkin spice.
Step 2: Pour liquid over cubed challah and soak overnight
Pour mixture over cubed challah bread. Cover baking dish and place in the fridge overnight.
Step 3: Bake challah French toast
When you’re ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F. Then, bake the French toast uncovered at 350F for 40 minutes.
Finally, serve with warm maple syrup!
Storage and reheating
Once cooked, allow the French toast to cool completely before covering and storing in the refrigerator. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days and reheat one piece at a time in the toaster oven or oven.
Need to use up the rest of the pumpkin puree? Check out these other delicious recipes using pumpkin puree!
- Spicy Pumpkin One Pot Pasta
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Healthy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Oat Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- At least 12 hours before baking prepare the challah French toast. Grease a 9×13 baking dish. Cut challah bread into cubes and add cubed bread to the greased baking dish.
- Whisk together milk, eggs, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla and pumpkin spice. Pour mixture over cubed challah bread. Cover baking dish and place in the fridge overnight.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F. Bake the French toast uncovered at 350F for 40 minutes. Serve with warm maple syrup!