Combine all of the fresh summer produce to make this Peach Burrata Salad recipe. Drizzle a creamy balsamic dressing on top to make the perfect peach salad.
Top fresh this fresh veggie and peach salad with creamy burrata for the perfect summer salad
When it comes to summer produce I think or corn, blueberries, tomatoes, zucchini and fresh, ripe, juicy peaches. Peaches are such a versatile ingredient and they work well in both sweet and savory dishes.
I love to have a ripe, juicy peach with creamy, cool burrata. This peach burrata salad is the perfect combination of all of my favorite parts of summer.
Peach + Burrata
The idea for this salad came from the peach and burrata salad at sweetgreen. I love that they give you a full ball of burrata on that salad and serve it with a big hunk of fresh bread. I like to serve this peach salad with my homemade no knead focaccia recipe.
how to serve
This peach salad recipe is hearty enough to be an entree on its own OR you can serve it as a side dish with some grilled steak. You could also cook some balsamic grilled chicken to slice and serve on top.
- Large platter for serving
- Sharp knife and cutting board
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups
- Liquid measuring cup
- Frying pan for toasting almonds
- Mixed baby lettuces like baby kale, spinach and chard
- Ripe peaches
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red onion
- Sliced almonds
- Mint and basil
- Creamy balsamic dressing – homemade or store bough
what is burrata?
Burrata is a creamy Italian cheese that is similar to mozzarella. The exterior is smooth like a mozzarella ball, but when you get into it the interior is a mixture or unpulled mozzarella and cream that is rich and delicious
Yellow peaches or White Peaches
Yellow peaches have that classic peach flavor that is a mix of sweet and slightly tart while white peaches tend to be much sweeter and not tart at all. I prefer to use yellow peaches for this salad because I like that they are slightly tart.
How to make a peach burrata salad
Step 1: Toast almonds and prep ingredients
To begin, place sliced almonds in a dry non stick skillet and heat over medium-low heat. Toss and warm until golden brown.
Then, slice fresh mint and basil leaves into ribbons.Slice peaches into thin slices.
Step 2: Assemble peach salad and garnish burrata
Next, place mixed greens on a large platter for serving or separate plates. Arrange sliced peaches, cherry tomatoes, chopped cucumbers, diced red onion, toasted almonds and fresh herbs on top of the lettuce.
Then, take burrata and place on top of the salad. Pull apart or break open with a knife.
Can I make this burrata and peaches salad ahead of time?
This is salad is best enjoyed immediately because once the burrata balls are burst they should be eaten. If you want to prepare this salad ahead of time you can assemble all of the veggies up to 24 hours in advance and then place the burrata on top just before serving.
Check out these other summer salad recipes
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 5oz mixed baby lettuces
- 3 ripe peaches
- 1/2 cup cucumber slices
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 2 balls of burrata (about 8oz total)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup creamy balsamic vinaigrette – homemade or store bough
- Place sliced almonds in a dry non stick skillet and heat over medium-low heat. Toss and warm until golden brown. Slice fresh mint and basil leaves into ribbons.Slice peaches into thin slices.
- Place mixed greens on a large platter for serving or separate plates. Arrange sliced peaches, cherry tomatoes, chopped cucumbers, diced red onion, toasted almonds and fresh herbs on top of the lettuce.
- Take burrata and place on top of the salad. Pull apart or break open with a knife. Drizzle extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper on top of the burrata. Serve with the creamy balsamic dressing on top or on the side.