Chocolate Chip Mocha Cookies are rich and decadent almond flour cookies. Use this chewy cookie recipe to make your favorite mocha latte in cookie form.
These rich almond flour are the perfect combination of chocolate and coffee!
This chocolate chip mocha cookie recipe is based on my popular chewy grain-free chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Just like my other recipe, this healthy cookie recipe is made with almond flour. Therefore, this cookie is naturally grain-free.
Because of their rich chocolate flavor and a hint of espresso, these delicious cookies are the perfect afternoon pick me up.
Although they are already bursting with coffee flavor, I like to have mine with a warm homemade latte.
What is mocha? What is mocha flavor?
Mocha is short for mocha latte which is a coffee drink made with chocolate syrup. Mocha flavor usually refers for anything made with the flavor of coffee and chocolate.
These mocha cookies are made with cocoa powder, instant espresso, and espresso chocolate chips to give them the perfect balance of mocha flavor.
What kitchen tools will I need to make chocolate chip mocha cookies?
You will need a few basic cooking tools to make these almond flour chocolate chip cookies.
To start you will need a set of mixing bowls and a whisk. Once your ingredients are mixed with a whisk, you will need a flat spatula to fold the ingredients together.
What ingredients will I need to make chocolate chip mocha cookies?
Grab these simple ingredients to make these chewy chocolate chip cookies!
- Coconut oil
- Light brown sugar
- Espresso powder
- Baking soda
- Cocoa powder – do not use dutch processed cocoa for these cookies
- Almond flour
- Espresso chocolate chips
Let’s make some Chocolate Chip Mocha Cookies
Step 1: Mix and fold mocha flavored cookie dough
Next, fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients with a flat spatula and mix until thoroughly combined. Finally, fold in espresso chocolate chips.
Step 2: Chill cookie dough
Take your bowl of dough, cover, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. While the dough chills, preheat the oven to 350F.
Step 3: Scoop and Bake mocha cookies
Next, place the baking sheet in the oven to bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
Step 4: cool and Enjoy!
After 15 minutes remove the cookies from the oven. Allow them to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer them to a cooling rack.
How should I store my chocolate chip mocha cookies?
These cookies should be kept covered on the counter in an airtight container. They will stay soft and fresh for up to 5 days.
You can freeze these cookies too! They will stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Keep reading to grab the full recipe! If you make these cookies please let me know in the comments or on Instagram!
- 1 egg – room temperature
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (do not use dutch cocoa)
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup espresso chocolate chips
- Whisk together egg, melted coconut oil and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl
- In another mixing bowl combine almond flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, salt, and baking soda
- Fold dry ingredients into wet with a flat spatula
- Pour chocolate chips into dough and fold in
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
- Preaheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Scoop dough onto baking sheet – 1 used a 1.5 tbsp measuring scoop
- Bake in oven at 350F for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to cooling rack
- Keep covered on countertop for up to 5 days