Chocolate chip mocha cookies are an easy, chewy, grain-free cookie recipe. This healthy cookie recipe is made with rich cocoa powder, instant espresso powder, and flavorful espresso chocolate chips. Enjoy this gluten-free chocolate chip mocha cookie with a fresh cup of coffee!
Chocolate chip mocha cookies are the perfect combination of chocolate and coffee!
This chocolate chip mocha cookie recipe is based on my popular chewy grain-free chocolate chip cookie recipe. Just like my other recipe, this healthy cookie recipe is made with almond flour. Therefore, this cookie is naturally grain-free.
Because of their rich chocolate flavor and a hint of espresso, these delicious cookies are the perfect afternoon pick me up. Although they are already bursting with coffee flavor, I like to have mine with a warm homemade latte.
What kitchen tools will I need to make chocolate chip mocha cookies?
You will need a few basic cooking tools to make these cookies. To start you will need a set of mixing bowls and a whisk. Once your ingredients are mixed with a whisk, you will need a flat spatula to fold the ingredients together.
What ingredients will I need to make chocolate chip mocha cookies?
Grab these simple ingredients to make these chewy chocolate chip cookies!
- Coconut oil
- Light brown sugar
- Espresso powder
- Baking soda
- Cocoa powder
- Almond flour
- Espresso chocolate chips
Let’s make some cookies!
Step 1: Mix and fold
Next, fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients with a flat spatula and mix until thoroughly combined. Finally, fold in espresso chocolate chips.
Step 2: Chill
Take your bowl of dough, cover, and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. While the dough chills, preheat the oven to 350F.
Step 3: scoop and bake
Once the dough has chilled, line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then, using a 1.5 tbsp measuring scoop, scoop 12 even dough balls onto the baking sheet. Next, place the baking sheet in the oven to bake at 350F for 15 minutes.
step 4: cool and Enjoy!
After 15 minutes remove the cookies from the oven. Allow them to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer them to a cooling rack.
How should I store my chocolate chip mocha cookies?
These cookies should be kept covered on the counter in an airtight container. They will stay soft and fresh for up to 5 days.
Keep reading to grab the full recipe! If you make these cookies please let me know in the comments or on Instagram!Print
Easy, grain free, chewy mocha chocolate chip cookies
- Whisk together egg, melted coconut oil and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl
- In another mixing bowl combine almond flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, salt, and baking soda
- Fold dry ingredients into wet with a flat spatula
- Pour chocolate chips into dough and fold in
- Chill dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
- Preaheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Scoop dough onto baking sheet – 1 used a 1.5 tbsp measuring scoop
- Bake in oven at 350F for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on sheet for a few minutes and then transfer to cooling rack
- Keep covered on countertop for up to 5 days
Keywords: cookies, grain free, dessert