Make gooey and rich Flourless Double Chocolate Brownies with this simple recipe. This is a classic brownie recipe that you will come back to time after time.
A warm brownie sundae is my favorite dessert
And at the base of every brownie sundae is a gooey, fudgy brownie. To be honest, I have tested these many times to get just the right recipe. I wanted them to be rich, but not too wet.
I made these with and without flour and decided that the flourless brownies were my favorite. Because you whip the eggs with the sugar, the brownies will get a natural rise without any baking powder or flour.
What kitchen tools will I need to make these fudgy flourless brownies?
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Electric stand mixer or electric hand mixer
- Mixing bowls
- 8×8 baking pan
What ingredients will I need to make these Flourless Double Chocolate Brownies?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make these gooey brownies with a few simple ingredients. I have mentioned the swaps you can make below to make these brownies in your home. If you use dairy free chocolate and ghee, these brownies are both dairy free and gluten free!
- Semi sweet chocolate bar
- Ghee or unsalted butter
- Coconut sugar or brown sugar
- Cocoa powder
Can I make these double chocolate chip brownies with dairy free ingredients?
Let’s make some Flourless Double Chocolate Brownies!
Step 1: Melt chocolate and whisk eggs with the sugar
Next, add eggs, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl or a stand mixer.
Mix with the whisk attachment for an electric stand mixer or with an electric hand mixer until the mixture is fluffy and lighter in color. This will take about 7 minutes.
Step 2: Fold chocolate and sugar together
Then, fold melted chocolate and ghee mixture into the eggs and sugar mixture with a spatula. Be sure the chocolate mixture is not too hot before completing this step.
Step 3: Bake the brownies
Then, pour the brownie batter into a baking pan. Bake at 350F for 28 minutes.
Finally, allow the flourless brownies to cool completely and then slice into squares.
Step 4: Enjoy!
How should I store these brownies?
Allow the tin of flourless chocolate brownies to cool completely before slicing into 12 pieces. Store in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days. You can store these brownies in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Check out these other delicious gluten free desserts!
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8×8 baking pan or line with parchment paper
- Gently melt ghee and semi-sweet chocolate bar together in the microwave or over a double boiler
- Add eggs, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl or a stand mixer
- Mix with the whisk attachment for an electric stand mixer or with an electric hand mixer until the mixture is fluffy and lighter in color about 7 minutes
- Fold melted chocolate and ghee mixture into the eggs and sugar mixture with a spatula – be sure the chocolate mixture is not too hot
- Add cocoa powder, salt and chocolate chips to the bowl and fold in with a spatula
- Mix with a spatula until you are left with a smooth, even mixture
- Pour brownie batter into a baking pan
- Bake at 350F for 28 minutes
- Allow to cool completely and then slice into squares