Add this Roasted Vegetable Salad recipe to your meal prep rotation! It is perfect as a side dish or on a bed of lettuce with chicken or fish.
Add this Versatile Side Dish to your weekly meal prep
This roasted vegetable salad recipe is incredibly versatile. You can make it whatever you want it to be!
Follow the ingredients exactly or change the vegetables up with whatever you have on hand. It’s great as a side dish, a meal prep dish, or even the main event if you’re in need of a whole lot of vegetables.
This roast vegetable salad can even be brought to a potluck. Serve it at room temperature or chilled. My favorite way to serve it is on top of some lettuce alongside some chicken.
- Baking sheet
- Measuring spoons
- Large chef’s knife
- Vegetable peeler
- Cutting board
- Small mixing bowl
- Large serving bowl, optional
This recipe can even be a main entree for any vegetarians out there. Serve it as is or add some tofu to it to round it out – the options are endless!
Sometimes potlucks are lacking in the vegetable department, so you could really be the star of health by bringing this veggie loaded, but still delicious, recipe to your next potluck. This simple recipe combines comfort foods with delicious high fiber veggies.
Roasted Vegetable Salad Ingredients
- Large sweet potato
- Broccoli florets
- Bell pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Mini mozzarella balls or a larger ball of mozzarella cubed
- Red wine vinegar
- Fresh parsley
- Whole grain mustard
- Black pepper
Of course you can use any vegetables you want or have on hand. If you can’t have onion for whatever reason, feel free to leave it out. You could also use a sweet onion or red onion instead.
Same goes for any of the roasted veggies. Trade out the sweet potato for a russet potato or butternut squash. Swap the broccoli for cauliflower or brussels sprouts
Even keep the broccoli and add cauliflower if you want! While I give specific vegetables for my recipe, please feel free to use whatever your heart desires.
The cheese can also be swapped for your favorite cheese like cheddar cheese, goat cheese or feta cheese You can leave it out entirely to make this vegan or lactose free.
If you don’t have fresh parsley, try basil, oregano, or thyme! You can even use a combination of fresh herbs. I love to add fresh chives for an extra onion flavor.
Feel free to use any kind of vinegar you like in place of the red wine vinegar. I like to use white balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar or even fresh lemon juice.
I know some people do not like mustard, so feel free to leave it out. The mustard adds lovely depth and zest to the veggie salad.
How to make Roasted Vegetable Salad
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
To begin, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Then, line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Next, peel the sweet potato and cut into 3/4 inch cubes. Dice the bell pepper and onion into 3/4 inch pieces.
Cut any large broccoli florets to roughly match the size of the other vegetables.
Step 2: Roast the Vegetables
Then, arrange the vegetables on the lined baking sheet and toss in olive oil and kosher salt. Bake for 40 minutes, tossing once after 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
Step 3: Toss with Aromatics
Then, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, chopped fresh parsley, mustard, and black pepper. Pour veggies in a large bowl and toss to combine.
Pour the dressing over the vegetables and add mix in the mozzarella balls. Finally, serve at room temperature or chilled.
Storage and reheating
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
If you want to serve this salad warm, I recommend storing it separate from the dressing and cheese. Warm in the oven at 275F for about 20 minutes. Then, toss with the dressing and cheese just before serving.
Check out These Other side salad recipes
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 3 cups broccoli florets (approximately one head)
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 4 tbsp olive oil (separated)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup mini mozzarella balls (or large mozzarella ball chopped up)
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Peel sweet potato and cut into 3/4″ cubes.
- Dice red bell pepper and yellow onion in 3/4″ pieces and cut each broccoli floret into 4 smaller pieces.
- Arrange vegetables on the lined baking sheet and toss in 2 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt.
- Bake at 425F for 40 minutes, tossing once after 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- While the veggies cool, whisk 2 tbsp olive oil, red wine vinegar, chopped parsley, mustard and black pepper together.
- Toss roasted veggies in a bowl with the mini mozzarella balls and dressing. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Cut veggies into uniform sized pieces to ensure even cooking
- Replace veggies listed above with any vegetable you like. Some other options include: zucchini, red onion, squash and brussels sprouts