Add this Classic Creamy Coleslaw recipe to your list of backyard barbecue staples. It is made with simple, Whole30 friendly ingredients and has that perfect balance of tart, crunch, and creamy that I love in a coleslaw.
I like my coleslaw creamy, tart and with a bit of a crunch
Coleslaw is one of the foods that I swore I hated as a child, but it turns out I just like a certain kind of coleslaw. I like mine to be nice and creamy, but still a little tart. And my coleslaw mix has to have carrots for that extra curnch!
I love the pop of purple so I make my Whole30 approved coleslaw with both purple and green cabbage, but you can just use one or the other. To elevate the flavor slightly I included some freshly chopped parsley in this recipe. If you don’t have parsley on hand, you could always use some fresh dill or cilantro in its place.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this Classic Creamy Coleslaw?
What ingredients will I need to make this healthy and simple coleslaw?
- Coleslaw mix or heads of cabbage and carrots to chop
- Mayonnaise – if doing Whole30 use Primal Kitchen Mayo or my homemade mayo
- Apple cider vinegar
- Dijon Mustard
- Fresh parsley
Let’s make some Classic Creamy Coleslaw!
Step 1: Combine wet ingredients
Step 2: Toss dry ingredients with wet
Then, add coleslaw mix and chopped parsley to the bowl. Next, mix to combine all of the ingredients into an even mixture.
Step 3: Chill in the fridge
Finally, place the coleslaw in the fridge to chill for at least an hour prior to enjoying. I find that the longer coleslaw sits, the better it tastes so I like to prepare mine at least 12 hours ahead of eating.
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will this Whole30 coleslaw keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, store this coleslaw in an airtight container in the refrigerator and serve chilled. Enjoy within 5 days of making your colesaw.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!Print
A simple, healthy recipe for Classic Creamy Coleslaw
- In a large mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and apple cider vinegar and mix thoroughly
- Add coleslaw mix and chopped parsley to the bowl
- Mix to combine all of the ingredients into an even mixture
- Place in the fridge to chill for at least an hour prior to enjoying – I find that the longer coleslaw sits, the better it tastes so I like to prepare mine at least 12 hours ahead of eating
Keywords: classic creamy coleslaw, healthy coleslaw recipe, whole30 coleslaw recipe