Easy Apple Tart with Caramel Drizzle
This Easy Apple Tart with Caramel Drizzle is the perfect holiday dessert! Make a simple puff pastry apple tart and top it with a sweet caramel sauce.
Serve Individual puff Pastry apple tarts for dessert
Skip the apple pie this holiday season and serve your guests this homemade apple tart with an easy caramel drizzle. Its WAY easier to make than a traditional apple pie and each guests get their own tart! So cute and classy that they might just think they are at a French patisserie instead of your home.
After you’ve worked hard all day on your Thanksgiving meal, the last thing you want to think about is a complicated dessert. Take the fuss out of dessert time and make this apple tart recipe instead.
Need help planning the rest of your Thanksgiving dinner? Check out this simple Thanksgiving dinner menu that also includes a timeline for the day!
- Cookie sheets and parchment paper
- Rolling pin
- Mixing bowls
- Sharp knife and cutting board
- Vegetable peeler
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups
Cube apples or cut into slices
You can make this apple tart recipe two ways: either peel and cut the apples into small cubes or slice the apples into thin slices. If you slice the apples into thin slices you can arrange them in an overlapping pattern on top of the puff pastry. This will result in a French inspired pastry.
Apple Tart Ingredients
- Puff pastry
- Granny smith apples
- Brown sugar
Caramel Sauce ingredients
- Bag of square soft caramels
- Heavy cream
Puff Pastry apple tart Serving suggestions
This easy apple tart is best served warm out of the oven. Drizzle the top with the caramel sauce and then top with either vanilla bean ice cream or some whipped cream. I love to make a homemade whipped cream to serve alongside this puff pastry tart.
How to make easy apple tarts with caramel drizzle
Step 1: Peel and cube or slice granny smith apples
To begin, preheat oven to 400F. Peel apples and either cut into small cubes or thin slices. Toss apples in brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Let the apples macerate in that mixture while you prepare the puff pastry.
Step 2: Cut puff pastry into rectangles
Roll two sheets of puff pastry into even rectangles and cut each sheet into 6 smaller rectangles. They don’t have to be perfect so just do your best.
Then, place puff pastry rectangles on parchment lined baking sheets. Spoon or line apples onto the pastry leaving about a half inch bare around the edge.
Step 3: bake apple tarts and prepare caramel sauce
Next, place the tarts in the oven to bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or until the edges have puffed and are golden brown.
While the pastries bake, make a simple caramel sauce on the stove top. Unwrap square caramels and place in a sauce pan over medium-low heat with water. Stir until the caramels melt.
Then, pour in the heavy cream and mix again. Carefully pour into a glass jar.
Step 4: Drizzle caramel over warm tarts and serve
Finally serve the cooked puff pastry apple tarts with the caramel sauce, vanilla bean ice cream or whipped cream.
Make this dish ahead of time
Prep these apple tarts ahead of time so that you can finish them just before you want to serve them. Cut the puff pastry and pour apples on top. Cover the tarts and place in the fridge until you are ready to bake them – up to 24 hours ahead.
Prepare the caramel sauce ahead of time and store in the fridge. Then, gently reheat the caramel on the stove top before serving.
Check out these other easy dessert recipes
- Easy Pumpkin Cake with Yellow Cake Mix
- Spice Cake Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No Bake Cookie Butter Oatmeal Cookies
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
Easy Apple Tart with Caramel Drizzle
Make individual puff pastry apple tarts with a simple caramel sauce!
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed in the fridge overnight
- 2 large granny smith apples
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10oz bag of square caramels
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Peel apples and cut into small cubes or thin slices. Toss apples in brown sugar, cinnamon and salt and set aside to macerate.
- Roll puff pastry sheets into even rectangles. Cut each sheet into 6 small rectangles and place on parchment lined baking sheets. Spoon cubed apples or arrange apple slices on top of the puff pastry sheets with 1/2 inch of space around the outside.
- Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or until the edges of the pastry are puffed and golden brown.
- While the tarts bake, prepare a simple caramel sauce. Unwrap caramels and place in a sauce pan with 2 tbsp water over medium-low heat. Stir regularly until the caramel melts, be careful not to let it burn. Mix in 2 tbsp of heavy cream and carefully pour into a glass or ceramic jar for serving
- Drizzle caramel sauce over puff pastries and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Leave a Comment