Use this list of Whole30 pantry staples to prepare for the Whole30. This list includes common ingredient swaps to transition standard pantry ingredients to Whole30 approved ingredients.
Before I share my master list of Whole30 Pantry staples I am sharing some common pantry swaps. Prior to starting the Whole, swap out some of your favorite pantry items for Whole30 compliant options!
Swap Heinz Ketchup with Primal Kitchen Ketchup
To start we have one of my favorite pantry items: ketchup. Since I have found this Primal Kitchen Ketchup I have not purchased the regular stuff. This one has more of a tomato taste.
Swap Butter with Ghee
I am all for some grass fed butter in the kitchen, but during the Whole3 its important to remove all dairy. I saw my butter with some ghee and still get that buttery taste without milk protein!
Swap All Purpose Flour with Almond Flour
This ones pretty self-explanatory, but you can use almond flour to bread just about anything during the Wheol30.
Swap Hellman’s Mayonnaise with Primal Kitchen Mayonnaise
I know that mayonnaise is one of those love/hate items, but I find it to be an essential Whole30 Pantry Staple. Usually, I make mine at home or get Primal Kitchen Mayo
Swap Half and Half with Nut Pods
On Instagram many people complain that they can’t give up their coffee creamer, even for the Whole30. To those people, I say TRY Nut Pods. They are SO creamy and come in lots of good flavors.
Swap Heavy Cream with Full Fat Coconut Milk
This swap is for everyone who wants a creamy sauce or soup. Throw a can of full-fat coconut milk into your pot and you won’t even miss the dairy!
Swap Standard Sriracha with Yellowbird Sriracha
Swap Soy Sauce with Coconut Aminos
This is a crucial Whole30 swap! I use coconut aminos in place of soy sauce to flavor many of my favorite Whole30 dishes.
The full list of Whole30 Pantry Staples and Some Recipes for Them
- Primal Kitchen Mayo – I use this for everything during Whole, but I especially love it for my Whole30 Sushi Burritos
- Full Fat Coconut Milk – I use this to make sauces and soups creamy like my Whole30 Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- Coconut Aminos – One of my most critical Whole30 pantry staples! I use this stuff in all of my Asian sauces like my Black Pepper Chicken Stir Fry
- Nut Pods – This is my go-to Whole30 coffee creamer. It froths up very nicely in my Nespresso
- Beef Bone Broth – I use this in place of standard beef broth in many recipes including my Whole30 French Onion Dip
- Almond Flour – This Whole30 pantry staple is a good substitute for all-purpose flour.
- Yellowbird Sriracha – I love sriracha, but unfortunately the original contains sugar. Yellowbird came out with a version that is sweetened with dates!
- Chicken Bone Broth – Throughout the Whole30 I sub all of my standard chicken broth with chicken bone broth.
- Ghee – Use ghee when you need a buttery taste during the Whole30! It is a crucial ingredient in my Whole30 Butter Chicken.
- Primal Kitchen Ketchup –
- Frank’s Red Hot – This is my go-to Whole30 hot sauce because I love the mix of flavor and level of spice. It is a key ingredient in my Whole30 Buffalo Ranch.
- Fish Sauce – Fish sauce adds a salty depth of flavor. I use this in my Almond Butter Chicken Satay
- Primal Kitchen Dressings – I keep these on hand for when I don’t want to make my own dressings.
- Green Curry Paste
- Chomps – If you follow me on Instagram, you know this is my go-to Whole30 snack.
- Apple Sauce – Use this to sweeten sauces.
- Avocado Oil – I use this to cook pretty much anything at hight heat.
- Spray Avocado Oil – Ditto to the above.
- Olive Oil – I use this for finishing recipes and in dressings. I rarely cook with olive oil.
- Dates – I use these to sweeten sauces or if I REALLY need a sweet treat I have one stuffed with almond butter.
- Raw Cashews – I use these to make things creamy.
- Sesame Oil – I use this sparingly to add flavor to sauces!
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Rice Vinegar
- White Wine Vinegar – You won’t get sick of salads on the Whole30 if you keep switching up the dressings. I use white wine vinegar to make my Everyday Vinaigrette
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Diced Green Chiles – These add lovely spice and flavor to Mexican dishes like my Paleo Salsa Verde Chicken Soup
- Dried Chipotle Peppers – Dried chipotle chiles are a staple ingredients in both my Chipotle Ranch Dressing and Whole30 Copycat Chipotle Vinaigrette.
- Salsa Verde – I love to use salsa verde to make shredded chicken.
- Pineapple Juice – Pineapple juice can be used to sweet sauces during the Whole30.
- Pork Rinds – I use this Whole30 pantry staple as a crispy breading for my Low Carb Air Fryer Chicken Nuggets
- Arrowroot Starch – This is best used to thicken soups and sauces in place of cornstarch
- Tomato Paste – I use this in many recipes to give them a deep tomato flavor
- Diced Tomatoes – There are many ways to use diced tomatoes during the Whole30, but I especially love them in my Sweet Potato Paleo Chili
Where should I buy my Whole30 Pantry Staples?
- Online – I buy most of these products online through Amazon or Thrive Market. I usually compare prices between those two sites and choose whichever is cheaper.
- Whole Foods – Whole Foods is the most expensive place to shop for Whole30, but it is convenient. They will have almost every item on this list.
- Trader Joes – GREAT prices on many of these pantry staples, but a more limited selection.
- Costco and BJs Wholesale – You usually have to purchase them in larger quantities, but you can get Whole30 Pantry Staples in bulk for great prices at warehouse stores.