This Instant Pot Shredded Chicken is the easiest way to prep flavorful and juicy chicken that you can enjoy in many recipes. Just grab some chicken, chicken broth, and your Instant Pot and you are ready to go!
Add this Instant Pot Shredded Chicken recipe to your weekly meal prep!
I have shared this basic shredded chicken recipe on my Instagram countless times and I figured it was time I get the full recipe up on the blog! It is the easiest, Whole30 friendly shredded chicken recipe that you can use in recipes all week long.
This is a recipe that I use in my meal prep almost every single week. Shredded chicken is so versatile and I can use it in many recipes. My favorite way to use this Instant Pot Shredded chicken is in salads, grain bowls, tacos and quesadillas!
What kitchen tools will I need to make this shredded chicken?
What ingredients will I need to make this healthy shredded chicken?
Just grab the two basic ingredients below to make some juicy shredded chicken.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Chicken broth or chicken bone broth
Let’s make some Instant Pot Shredded Chicken!
Step 1: Place Ingredients in Instant Pot and Set
Step 2: Cook and Release Pressure
Allow the Instant Pot to come to pressure – about 10-15 minutes. Then, cook for 12 minutes.
Next, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes – do not touch the nozzle. Then, manually release the pressure by moving the nozzle to venting.
Step 3: Shred the Chicken
Then, remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and shred with two forks. Next, take some of the extra chicken broth from the Instant Pot and pour over the shredded chicken. Mix it in to keep the chicken juicy.
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will this shredded chicken keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, store this chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!Print
Make delicious and juicy shredded chicken in the instant pot with just a few simple steps.
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth or chicken bone broth
- Place boneless skinless chicken breasts into the Instant Pot and pour chicken broth into the pot with the chicken
- Close the Instant Pot and set the nozzle to sealing
- Set the Insant Pot to manual high pressure for 12 minutes
- Allow the Instant Pot to come to pressure and cook for 12 minutes
- After the Instant Pot beeps all the pressure to relase naturally for 10 minutes (do not touch the nozzle)
- After 10 minutes manually release the pressure by switching the nozzle to releasing
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and shred using two forks
- Pour some of the leftover chicken broth from the IP over the shredded chicken and toss to mix in
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days
Keywords: shredded chicken, Instant pot, instant pot shredded chicken