This Instant Pot Shredded Chicken recipe is the easiest way to prep shredded chicken breast. Prepare your chicken breasts from frozen or thawed and use it in many recipes!
Add this Instant Pot Shredded Chicken recipe to your weekly meal prep!
I have shared this basic shredded chicken breast recipe on my Instagram countless times and I figured it was time I get the full recipe up on the blog! It is the easiest, Whole30 friendly shredded chicken recipe that you can use in recipes all week long.
This is a recipe that I use in my meal prep almost every single week. Shredded chicken is so versatile and I can use it in many recipes. My favorite way to use this Instant Pot Shredded chicken is in salads, grain bowls, tacos and quesadillas!
What kitchen tools will I need to make this shredded chicken in Instant Pot?
How to shred chicken?
Okay might seem like an OBVIOUS question, but there are actually a few different ways to shred chicken. The classic way to shred chicken is to use two forks. Hold the chicken breast with one for and use the other to shred pieces.
If you have a stand mixer you can use the flat attachment to shred chicken breast. Just place the instant pot cooked chicken breasts in the stand mixer bowl, and process on a low speed until all of the chicken is shredded.
What ingredients will I need to make this healthy shredded chicken?
Just grab the two basic ingredients below to make some juicy shredded chicken.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Chicken broth or chicken bone broth or 1 chicken bouillon cube and 2 cups of water
Can I shred frozen chicken in the instant pot?
Yes! You can use this exact same method to shred frozen chicken breast in your instant pot.
Just place the frozen chicken breasts in your instant pot like you would if they were thawed. Then, set the instant pot timer to 16 minutes instead of 12 minutes and after the time goes off you will have beautiful cooked chicken!
Let’s make some Instant Pot Shredded Chicken!
Step 1: Place Ingredients in Instant Pot and Set
Step 2: Cook and Release Pressure
Allow the Instant Pot to come to pressure – about 10-15 minutes. Then, cook for 12 minutes.
Next, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes – do not touch the nozzle. Then, manually release the pressure by moving the nozzle to venting.
Step 3: Shred the Chicken
Then, remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and shred with two forks. Next, take some of the extra chicken broth from the Instant Pot and pour over the shredded chicken. Mix it in to keep the chicken juicy.
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will this shredded chicken recipe keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, store this shredded chicken in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Can I use chicken bouillon instead of chicken broth?
Stir and sauté until the bouillon cube dissolves. Then follow the normal instructions!
Check out these shredded chicken recipes!
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!Print
Make delicious and juicy shredded chicken in the instant pot with just a few simple steps.
- 1.5 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth or chicken bone broth
- Place boneless skinless chicken breasts into the Instant Pot and pour chicken broth into the pot with the chicken
- Close the Instant Pot and set the nozzle to sealing
- Set the Insant Pot to manual high pressure for 12 minutes
- Allow the Instant Pot to come to pressure and cook for 12 minutes
- After the Instant Pot beeps all the pressure to relase naturally for 10 minutes (do not touch the nozzle)
- After 10 minutes manually release the pressure by switching the nozzle to releasing
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and shred using two forks
- Pour some of the leftover chicken broth from the IP over the shredded chicken and toss to mix in
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days
Keywords: shredded chicken, Instant pot, instant pot shredded chicken