Use this Honey Sriracha Chicken Tenders recipe to make seasoned chicken tenders tossed in a honey sriracha sauce. These spicy sweet chicken tenders are perfect for topping a salad or enjoying on a wrap.
Honey sriracha sauce is the perfect spicy sweet combo
When I worked as a waitress in a breakfast restaurant we would experiment with different chicken tenders sauces. My favorite combos were always the ones with hot sauce in them.
We always tossed the chicken tenders in the sauces in a bowl so they were completely coated. I wanted these chicken tenders to also be completely coated with the spicy sweet sauce.
I started with boneless skinless chicken tenders and seasoned them with a simple seasoning mixture. Then, I cooked the tenders in the seasoning and finally tossed in the sticky sweet sauce.
How should I enjoy these Honey Sriracha Chicken Tenders?
Amy and I have made these chicken tenders 3 times in the last week because they’re so good. My favorite way to have them is on a salad with a honey sriracha vinaigrette.
I made the salad with romaine lettuce, cucumbers, lots of goat cheese, pickled red onions and the sliced chicken tenders. Then I toss it all in the honey sriracha vinaigrette below.
Honey Sriracha Vinaigrette
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
Add all ingredients to a mason jar. Put the lid on and shake it up!
What kitchen tools will I need to make this spicy sweet chicken recipe?
What ingredients will I need to make these seasoned chicken tenders?
- Boneless skinless chicken tenders
- Garlic powder
Let’s make some Honey Sriracha Chicken Tenders!
Step 1: Season tenders and prepare sauce
To begin, combine salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Then, season chicken tenders on all sides with the seasonings.
Next, mix together honey and sriracha in a small bowl and set to the side.
Step 2: Cook tenders and toss in honey sriracha sauce
Then, heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat – I used a cast-iron skillet. Once the oil is hot add the chicken tenders to the pan.
Next, cook the chicken tenders for 7 minutes turning about every 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the honey sriracha sauce to the pan.
Then, cook the honey sriracha chicken over medium-low heat for 3 minutes turning frequently to coat the tenders in the sauce. The chicken tenders should be cooked through at this point, but you can check to make sure the internal temperature reaches 165F.
Step 4: Enjoy!
Finally, allow the tenders to cool slightly and enjoy!
How long will these spicy sweet chicken tenders keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, allow the honey sriracha chicken tenders to cool completely. Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- Combine salt, pepper, and garlic powder in a small bowl
- Season chicken tenders on all sides with the seasonings
- Mix together honey and sriracha in a small bowl and set to the side
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat – I used a cast iron skillet
- Once the oil is hot add the chicken tenders to the pan
- Cook for 7 minutes turning about every 2 minutes
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the honey sriracha sauce to the pan
- Cook over medium-low heat for 3 minutes turning frequently to coat the tenders in the sauce
- The chicken tenders should be cooked through at this point, but you can check to make sure the internal temperature reaches 165F
- Allow the tenders to cool slightly and enjoy!
I usually make a double batch of these. If you do this you may want to cook the batches separately as to not overcrowd the pan.