Use simple ingredients to make the best ever Oven Baked Chicken Tenders. These simple gluten free chicken tenders are perfect for kids and the young at heart.
Skip the frozen chicken tenders and make these gluten free chicken tenders with 7 simple ingredients
Chicken tenders with honey mustard sauce are my #1 comfort food. When I am upset or stressed out I have a hard time eating anything, but I can ALWAYS eat that.
I used to buy the frozen chicken tenders from Trader Joe’s and I do still love them, BUT I wanted to make a homemade version with simpler ingredients.
In my opinion these homemade chicken tenders have all of the flavor of the store bought ones, but without all of the extra ingredients.
What kitchen tools will I need to make these Oven Baked Chicken Tenders?
Why should I use a wire baking rack to bake these chicken tenders in the oven? What if I don’t have one?
I find that baking these chicken tenders on a wire rack on a baking sheet gives them a more even bake and allows them to crisp on all sides. If you don’t have a wire rack to bake on, do not worry.
Just bake the breaded chicken tenders on a baking sheet, but take them out half way through baking a flip them.
What ingredients will I need to make these healthy baked chicken tenders?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make these oven baked chicken tenders at home with simple, grain free ingredients.
- Boneless skinless chicken breast tenderloins
- Almond flour
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Smoked paprika
Can I make these chicken tenders dairy free?
Yes! While I think the parmesan cheese enhances the flavor of these homemade chicken tenders, you can certainly make them without it.
Let’s make Oven Baked Chicken Tenders!
Step 1: Prep breading station
Step 2: Bread chicken tenders
Step 3: Bake chicken tenders in the oven
Once all tenders are breaded, spray on both sides with a spray oil – I used avocado oil. Then, place in the oven to back at 450F for 13 minutes.
Then, after 13 minutes, increase the oven heat to a broil without removing the tenders from the oven. Leave the tenders to cook for 3 mores minutes and then remove from the tenders from the oven.
The internal temperature should be at least 165F. Finally, allow the chicken tenders to cool slightly and enjoy!
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will these chicken tenders keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, allow the tenders too cool completely then store in an airtight container. Keep in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
It is best to reheat these chicken tenders in the oven or air fryer to keep them crispy.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken tenderloins (or breasts cut into tenders)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Spray oil – I used avocado oil
** for dairy free chicken tenders use 1 cup almond flour and omit the parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on the baking sheet
- Whisk the egg in a shallow bowl
- In a separate shallow bowl combine the almond flour, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and smoked paprika
- Bread the chicken tenders by dipping them in the egg then pressing into the almond flour mixture
- Place on the wire rack on the baking sheet
- Once all tenders are breaded, spray on both sides with a spray oil – I used avocado
- Place in the oven to back at 450F for 13 minutes
- After 13 minutes, increase the oven heat to a broil without removing the tenders from the oven
- Leave the tenders to cook for 3 mores minutes and then remove from the tenders from the oven
- The internal temperature should be at least 165F
- Allow the chicken tenders to cool slightly and enjoy!