If you love Dunkin’ wake up wraps, it’s time to try this Homemade Wake Up Wrap recipe. They are the perfect on the go breakfast option!
make the perfect on-the-go breakfast!
During my pregnancy I discovered the Dunkin Donuts wake up wraps and I am absolutely in love. They are the ultimate hunger crushers on the go.
My only complaint is that they are slightly small and you might need two to really fill you up and get you going. I developed this homemade wake up wrap recipe to be slightly large and heartier to keep you fuller longer.
It is also make with better for you ingredients like a whole wheat chia seed tortilla, paleo sausage and pasture raised eggs. These taste just like the Dunkin wake up wraps, but they are made at home so you can reheat as needed and get started on your busy day ahead.
- Mixing bowl and whisk
- 8×8 baking pan
- Sheet pan and parchment paper for lining
- Sharp knife and cutting board
- Tinfoil for wrapping up cooked wraps
I am not going to lie, I serve these wake up wraps on their own. I grab one, reheat it and head on my way. Whether I have a doctors appoint, work obligation or just need to run some errands, I am ready to tackle the day with this in my hand.
That said, there are many ways that you could serve a dunkin wake up wrap. This would be an amazing addition for a brunch spread especially when kids will be there. Kids can carry a warm wrap around a party without making a mess.
I also like to serve mine with dipping sauces like ketchup and sriracha. It would also be delicious with a homemade spicy mayo.
- Flour tortillas – I like to use whole wheat tortillas
- Sausage patties or slices of bacon
- Cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
There are many ways to put your own spin on this wake up wrap recipe. If you want to use egg whites instead of whole eggs, use 2 1/4 cups egg whites to account for the same amount of eggs.
I like to use sausage patties but you can also use strips of cooked bacon in place of the sausage. In place of the cheddar cheese you could use American, swiss or grouda cheese.
If you are gluten free, you can use a gluten free or grain free tortilla. If you follow a low carb diet, you could use low carb flour tortillas in place of the regular flour ones.
How to make a homemade wake up wrap
Step 1: bake egg and sausage
To begin, preheat oven to 350F. Then, whisk eggs together and mix in salt and pepper.
Bake both the eggs and the sausage patties at 350F at the same time for 20 minutes.
Then, remove the eggs and sausage patties from the oven but leave the oven on. Cut the egg into 6 even rectangles. And remove sausage from the baking sheet.
Step 2: Prep dunkin wake up wraps and bake again
Next, arrange tortillas on a clean baking sheet. On each tortilla place a slice of cheese, a rectangle of egg and one sausage patty off to one side of the tortilla
Finally, bake again at 350F for 3 minutes or until the cheese is melty. Fold the tortillas in half.
Warp each wake up wrap tightly in tinfoil. Store in the fridge and reheat as needed
Storage and reheating
Allow the wraps to cool completely and then wrap tightly in tinfoil. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Reheat in an air fryer, oven, or toaster oven at 325F until just warmed through. You can also wrap the wake up wraps in a damp paper towel and microwave for 30-60 seconds and enjoy!
Check out These Other Breakfast recipes
- Savory Dutch Baby
- Oven Baked Starbucks Egg Bites
- Applesauce Muffins
- Fluffy Butter Biscuits in Cast Iron Skillet
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 9 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 6 sausage patties
- 6 small flour tortillas (about 6″ in diameter each)
- 6 slices of cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Whisk eggs together and mix in salt and pepper. Pour eggs into a greased or lined 8×8 baking pan.
- Line a separate baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the sausage patties on the baking sheet. Bake both the eggs and the sausage patties at 350F at the same time for 20 minutes.
- Remove the eggs and sausage patties from the oven but leave the oven on. Cut the egg into 6 even rectangles. And remove sausage from the baking sheet.
- Arrange tortillas on a clean baking sheet. On each tortilla place a slice of cheese, a rectangle of egg and one sausage patty off to one side of the tortilla
- Bake again at 350F for 3 minutes or until the cheese is melty. Fold the tortillas in half.
- Store in the fridge and reheat as needed
- You can use a slice of bacon in place of the sausage patty
- Reheat wraps individually in the oven, toaster oven or air fryer at 325F until warmed through