Creamy Corn Pasta
Make a Creamy Corn Pasta recipe with simple ingredients including delicious sweet corn. Serve with lots of fresh basil for the perfect summer dinner.
This summer pasta is the perfect entree or side dish
I love summer sweet corn. I usually use it for a simple corn salad, but I was inspired to make a pasta dish with a cream sauce and lots of fresh basil.
My wife loved this recipe and the best part is that it is so simple to make. Just cut the fresh corn kernels off the cob and saute in a skillet over medium heat while you cook the pasta.
Then, add ricotta cheese and parmesan cheese to the skillet with the corn mixture to make a simple cream sauce. Finally, mix the drained pasta with the sauce and serve.
This pasta dish is the perfect combination of comfort food and fresh seasonal flavors. I am sure you will love it whether it is serves as an entree or a side dish.
- Large pot for cooking pasta
- Sharp knife and cutting board
- Large skillet
- Measuring spoons, measuring cups and liquid measuring cup
- Mixing spoon
- Grate or microplane for grating parmesan cheese
How to serve
This corn pasta is delicious serves on its own with extra parmesan cheese on top. It is also delicious when served alongside tomato focaccia.
If you want to serve it as a side dish it makes for a hearty side to a steak. I like to serve it alongside some air fryer flank steak. It is also great when paired with a fresh summer salad like a peach burrata salad.
- Sweet corn
- Olive oil
- Salted butter
- Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
- Ricotta cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh basil
Use freshly grated parmesan cheese for the perfect sauce
To make the sauce for this corn pasta smooth and creamy, you must use freshly grated parmesan cheese. Freshly grated parmesan cheese will melt smoothly into the ricotta cheese and pasta water.
Store bought grated parmesan cheese contains stabilizers that do not allow it to melt smoothly like freshly grated parmesan cheese. I buy a wedge of aged parmesan cheese at the store and grate it by hand on a microplane.
You can also quick grate a block of parmesan cheese in a food processor or high speed blender. Then, store in an airtight container in the fridge for a few weeks.
Make this recipe gluten free
It is very easy to turn this into a gluten free pasta recipe. Simply replace the standard pasta with a gluten free pasta option.
My favorite gluten free pasta is a brown rice pasta. You can get a delicious brown rice fusili at Trader Joe’s that would be perfect when mixed with the creamy corn sauce.
How to make creamy corn pasta
Step 1: Boil pasta and saute corn
To begin, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Then, cut sweet corn off of the ear.
Next, pour pasta into the boiling water. Then, heat oil and butter over medium-low heat in a large skillet and pour corn into the hot pan.
Toss the corn in the oil and butter and season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper. Toss and saute until the corn is soft and fragrant.
Step 2: Mix creamy sauce
Then, pour the ricotta and parmesan cheese into the pan and reduce the heat to low.
Take 1/2 cup of the water from the boiling pasta and pour into the pan with the cheese and corn. Mix until the water and cheese makes a smooth sauce.
Step 3: toss pasta in sauce and serve
Finally, transfer the cooked pasta directly into the sauce and toss to coat. Slice fresh basil into ribbons and serve the pasta with lots of fresh basil
Storage and reheating
Allow the creamy corn pasta recipe to cool completely and then place in an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 6 days.
Reheat gently on the stove top over medium-low heat. Heat until the pasta and sauce are just warmed through and serve. If the sauce seems to thick, thin with a splash of water as you reheat.
Garnish reheated pasta with extra parmesan cheese, fresh basil, and some fresh cracked black pepper.
Check out these other simple pasta recipes
- Mushroom Alfredo Pasta
- Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- Asparagus Lemon Garlic Pasta
- Super Green Pasta Sauce
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
Creamy Corn Pasta
Make a delicious summer corn pasta with ricotta and parmesan cheese
- 8oz pasta
- 2 ears of sweet corn
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- Lots of fresh basil for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cut sweet corn off of the ear. Pour pasta into the boiling water.
- Heat oil and butter over medium-low heat in a large skillet and pour corn into the hot pan. Toss the corn in the oil and butter and season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Toss and saute until the corn is soft and fragrant. Pour the ricotta and parmesan cheese into the pan and reduce the heat to low.
- Take 1/2 cup of the water from the boiling pasta and pour into the pan with the cheese and corn. Mix until the water and cheese makes a smooth sauce.
- Transfer the cooked pasta directly into the sauce and toss to coat. Slice fresh basil into ribbons and serve the pasta with lots of fresh basil
- You must use freshly grated parmesan for it to mix into the creamy sauce properly
- You can use any kind of dry pasta, but I prefer something like rigatoni or fusili
Leave a Comment