Bake BBQ Glazed Salmon with crispy brussels sprouts for a delicious sheet pan meal. Serve with rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice.
Make this comforting and nutritious sheet pan meal any night of the week
This BBQ Salmon recipe with crispy brussels sprouts is so easy and delicious. Brush salmon filets with a quick BBQ glaze featuring your favorite barbecue sauce.
Then, nestle the salmon fillet between quartered brussels sprouts all on one sheet pan. It couldn’t be simpler!
This dish would be great for a backyard dinner party as the weather warms up! You can prep everything ahead of time on the sheet pan.
Then, pop it in the oven about 30 minutes before guests are ready to eat, and serve right from the sheet pan for a rustic family-style dinner. You can also serve it with any grain or other carb centric side dishes to balance the meal.
- Sharp knife and cutting board, for chopping
- Baking sheet
- Small mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Pastry brush, for brushing on BBQ sauce (optional)
This bbq salmon pairs well with a grain side such as rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice to make it a complete meal.
If brussels sprouts aren’t your thing, substitute whatever vegetable you love like broccoli, zucchini, or asparagus. Keep in mind that different vegetables require different cooking times.
Use whatever BBQ sauce you love to make this barbecue salmon. For a sweeter dish, a honey BBQ would work super well, and for spice-lovers, use your favorite spicy BBQ!
You can also replace the honey with a little brown sugar. To add extra tang to your barbecue glaze, stir in a bit of soy sauce as well!
- Salmon- you’ll need about 1lb cut into 3 equal filets
- Brussels sprouts
- Olive oil
- Barbecue sauce- choose your favorite!
- Pineapple juice
- Hot sauce (optional, but delicious)
- Salt and pepper
Tip for Measuring sticky ingredients like honey
I love a good kitchen hack, and this one for measuring small amounts of sticky ingredients like honey is a winner. I hate when I’m cooking and a recipe calls for just a tablespoon of honey, which inevitably gets stuck in the measuring spoon.
To avoid this clean-up nightmare, simply spray or rub the inside of the measuring spoon with cooking spray or olive oil before measuring the honey! The sticky honey will slide out in one fell swoop!
How to make BBQ Glazed Salmon
Step 1: Prep and par-bake the brussels sprouts
Step 2: Make the bBQ Glaze
Next, whisk together your BBQ sauce of choice, pineapple juice, honey, and hot sauce, if using. Remove the brussels sprouts from the oven and nestle the three salmon filets onto the baking sheet salmon skin side down.
Brush the salmon and brussels sprouts with a layer of BBQ glaze. Reserve about 1/3 of the glaze for after cooking.
Step 3: Bake the salmon, then glaze once more
After about 12-15 minutes or once the salmon reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees, remove the baking sheet from the oven. Brush everything with the remaining BBQ glaze and let cool slightly.
Plate with a side of your choice, or just serve family style right from the sheet pan. Enjoy!
Storage and reheating
Store this meal in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, I recommend throwing everything back onto a sheet pan and warming in the oven or air fryer at 350 until hot.
This method allows for even warming of the fish and helps the brussels sprouts take on a slight crispiness after being stored in the fridge.
Check out These Other plant based recipes
- Tempeh Stir Fry
- Vegetarian White Bean Chili
- Peanut Broccoli Pasta Salad
- Creamy Chickpea and Vegetable Stew
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss quartered brussels sprouts in olive oil and place on the baking sheet. Season with salt. Bake at 425F for 15 minutes
- Whisk together bbq sauce, pineapple juice, honey, and hot sauce. After 15 minutes remove the baking sheet from the oven and make space for salmon filets.
- Brush a thick layer of the marinade over the salmon fillets and over the brussels sprouts – save about 1/3 of the marinade for after cooking
- Bake at 425F for 12-15 minutes or until the internal temperature of the salmon reaches 145F.
- Remove from the oven and immediately brush the salmon and brussels sprouts with more of the bbq marinade. Allow to cool slightly and serve!
- You can use other veggies like broccoli or zucchini if you prefer
- You can use other types of fish but thinner filets will cook faster so cooking times will vary
- If you want to make this without veggies, cut the marinade amount in half