Combine 3 simple ingredients to make this Sweet Whipped Ricotta recipe. Serve it on toast, french toast, pancakes or as a dip for fresh fruit!
Combine ricotta cheese and honey to make the perfect sweet whipped ricotta recipe
I love ricotta cheese, but sometimes I don’t love the texture. Luckily, you can easily make a whipped ricotta dip by mixing it vigorously in a food processor.
Mix a little bit of honey and salt into the ricotta and you have the perfect sweet whipped ricotta dip. You can flavor the dip with a bit or lemon or orange zest or leave it plain.
Ways to serve this sweet whipped ricotta
There are so many ways to serve this sweet whipped ricotta recipe. My favorite way is to spread it over toast.
- Pomegranate and Whipped Ricotta Toast – Toast a slice of sourdough bread and spread the sweet whipped ricotta over top. Top the toast with pomegranate seeds, lemon juice, and basil ribbons.
- Sweet Whipped Ricotta Fruit Dip – Pour whipped ricotta into a serving bowl and top with lots of fresh orange zest and minute. Serve with fresh fruit like berries and pineapple. Use toothpicks to dip the fruit into the whipped ricotta dip.
- Whipped Ricotta Lemon Blueberry Pancakes – Make your favorite pancake recipe and mix fresh blueberries and lemon zest into the batter. Prepare the pancakes and serve them with sweet whipped ricotta and a juicy blueberry compote or blueberry jam
- Whole milk ricotta
- Honey – you can use agave nectar or brown rice syrup instead
Use whole milk ricotta to make a creamier whipped ricotta
At many stores you will find both low fat ricotta and whole milk ricotta. It is important to choose whole milk or full fat ricotta for this dip to make sure it is thick and creamy. Using a low fat ricotta will result in a thinner dip.
How to make sweet whipped ricotta
Step 1: Add ingredients to food processor
Step 2: mix into a whipped dip
Then, mix on high until a smooth whipped mixture remains. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides as needed.
Step 3: serve sweet whipped ricotta
Finally, pour mixture into a serving bowl and spread over toast or pancakes or use as a dip!
Store this sweet whipped ricotta in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Each time you use the dip, give it a mix with a spoon to incorporate any excess liquid. Separation is natural with whole milk ricotta
Check out these other delicious dips!
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 16oz whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt