Use this Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispie Bars recipe to make the easiest no-bake treat! Just add your ingredients to a bowl, mix together, press into bars, top with melted chocolate, chill and enjoy.
Peanut butter, chocolate and sea salt is my favorite dessert combination
For me, there is pretty much nothing better than the peanut butter, chocolate and sea salt flavor combination. When I was little I would sneak spoonfuls of peanut butter topped with chocolate chips out of my pantry when we didn’t have any sweets around.
This recipe is a fun spin on the traditional rice krispie treat. These rice krispie bars are held together with a stick peanut butter and honey mixture instead of marshmallows.
Crisp rice cereal is usually gluten free so it is easy to turn these bars into a completely gluten free treat! Ready to upgrade your rice krispie treats? Just grab 5 simple ingredients and make this delicious no bake dessert.
What kitchen tools will I need to make these no bake rice krispie bars?
What ingredients will I need to make these healthy dessert bars?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make these peanut butter chocolate rice krispie bars with just 5 basic ingredients.
- Peanut butter
- Rice krispies – any crisp rice cereal will work. I like using Trader Joe’s crisp rice cereal
- Chocolate chips
Can I use a different kind of cereal for these peanut butter rice krispie treats?
Yes! If don’t want to use rice kripie cereal you can use Chex or Crispex. You may need to smash them into smaller pieces before mixing in the peanut butter so that the bars stick together.
Let’s make some Peanut Butter Chocolate Rice Krispie Bars!
Step 1: Mix Peanut Butter and Honey
Once thoroughly combined, add the rice krispies to the bowl and mix again. Then, mix until the cereal and peanut butter honey are an even mixture.
Step 2: Press into the Pan and Top with Chocolate
Next, press firmly into the pan.
Then, heat chocolate chips and 1 tbsp of peanut butter in the microwave or over a double boiler until the chocolate melts. Mix the melted chocolate and tbsp of peanut butter together.
Next, pour the chocolate over the rice krispie layer. Spread the chocolate evenly with a spatula and season with flakey sea salt if desired.
Step 3: Chill and enjoy!
Then, place in the fridge to chill until the bars are solid – at least 2 hours. Cut the bars into 16 even squares and enjoy!
Store the bars in the fridge and enjoy shortly after removing from the fridge because the bars will melt quickly.
Step 4: Enjoy!
How should I store these peanut butter chocolate bars?
These delicious chocolate peanut butter crisp rice treats can melt quickly so I recommend storing them in the refrigerator. I keep them in the refrigerator just until I am ready to eat them.
You can keep them in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup honey, and 1/4 tsp salt
- Once thoroughly combined add the rice crispies to the bowl and mix again
- Mix until the cereal and pb are an even mixture
- Press firmly into the pan
- Heat chocolate chips and 1 tbsp of peanut butter in the microwave or over a double boiler until the chocolate melts and the peanut butter can be easily mixed in
- Pour the chocolate over the rice krispie layer
- Season with flakey sea salt if desired
- Place in the fridge to chill until the bars are solid – at least 2 hours
- Cut the bars into 16 even squares and enjoy!
- Store the bars in the fridge and enjoy shortly after removing from the fridge because the bars will melt quickly