Use this Orange Ginger Baked Salmon recipe to make delicious orange glazed salmon with asparagus on one pan. Pour a tangy orange marinade over a side of salmon and bake on a sheet pan with asparagus.
Make healthy orange salmon with a side of asparagus on one pan
This spring I am planning lots of healthy one pan meals for dinner starting with the orange ginger salmon and asparagus. It is bright, flavorful and SO simple to make.
Take a side of of salmon and pour a simple orange ginger glaze over top. Then, bake the salmon with asparagus and orange slices. Serve with rice or cauliflower rice!
What kitchen tools will I need to make this orange glazed salmon?
What ingredients will I need to make this Orange Ginger Baked Salmon?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make this orange ginger glazed salmon with simple, healthy ingredients.
- Side of salmon
- Orange juice and slices of orange
- Sesame oil
- Avocado oil
- Rice vinegar
- Coconut aminos or soy sauce
Bake this 2lb side of salmon at 375F fo 20 minutes
How to make orange glazed salmon and asparagus
Step 1: Prepare orange glaze
Then, add to a sauce pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
Step 2: Place ingredients on baking sheet
Place the side of salmon on the baking sheet. Allow the orange glaze to cool slightly and then pour over the side of salmon and the asparagus.
Then, place orange slices on the side of salmon and place the baking sheet in the oven to bake.
Step 3: Bake orange glazed salmon
Bake at 375F for 20 minutes.
Finally, remove from the oven and garnish the salmon with toasted sesame seeds. Serve slices of salmon with white rice and asparagus.
How to serve orange ginger baked salmon
I like to cut the side of salmon into slices. Then, I serve it over white rice with the asparagus. For a low carb meal, serve the salmon with cauliflower rice.
Storage and reheating
This baked orange salmon and asparagus is best if enjoyed immediately, but you can reheat for later. Store the salmon in the fridge for up to 3 days and reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Check out these other healthy salmon recipes!
- Chili Lime Poached Salmon
- Teriyaki Salmon and Broccoli Slaw
- Simple Sheet Pan Salmon
- Instant Pot Salmon and Rice
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 2lb side of salmon
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 6 slices of fresh orange
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine orange juice, sesame oil, rice vinegar, coconut aminos or soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a small bowl. Add to a sauce pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Trim stalks of asparagus and toss in avocado oil. Season with salt and place on the baking sheet. Place the side of salmon on the baking sheet.
- Allow the sauce to cool slightly and then pour over the side of salmon and the asparagus. Place orange slices on the side of salmon. Place the baking sheet in the oven to bake.
- Bake at 375F for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish the salmon with toasted sesame seeds. Serve slices of salmon with white rice and asparagus.