Chili Lime Poached Salmon is an easy healthy salmon recipe that is packed with flavor. Make this creamy and spicy chili lime salmon in less than 30 minutes.
This post is sponsored by Pacific Foods. I received compensation, but all opinions are my own.
Make a healthy dinner in 30 minutes with this chili lime salmon
This recipe is for everyone who says they hate seafood. This Chili Lime Poached Salmon starts with a base of coconut milk and Pacific Foods Low Sodium Vegetable Broth and is layered with spicy chilis and tart lime juice. This creamy, savory sauce pairs perfectly with the soft poached salmon.
You can serve this easy healthy salmon recipe on its own or with many different sides. I like to enjoy my Chili Lime Poached salmon with cauliflower rice or roasted potatoes for a Whole30 or paleo meal.
If you are not on the Whole30, this is recipe is delicious with regular fluffy white rice or creamy coconut rice.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this Chili Lime Poached Salmon?
To make this Whole30 salmon dinner recipe you will only need a few simple kitchen tools. You will need a sharp knife or a Microplane to mince your garlic. You will need a few measuring spoons and cups to measure out your ingredients.
To cook this healthy salmon dish you will only need one pan. I used a large non-stick frying pan because it is easier to clean up. You will also want a whisk on hand if you plan to thicken your sauce with an arrowroot and water slurry.
What ingredients will I need to make this healthy salmon recipe?
You will need a few basic ingredients to make this Chili Lime Poached Salmon. Of course, salmon is the main ingredient in my recipe, but this flavorful sauce would pair perfectly with many other types of seafood like a flakey white fish or shrimp.
You can even substitute in some tofu for a fully plant-based meal!
- Avocado oil
- Chili flakes – I like to use Korean chili flakes
- Coconut milk
- Pacific Foods Low Sodium Vegetable Broth
- Fish sauce
- Lime juice and zest
- Arrowroot starch and water for thickening – optional
How to make chili lime salmon
To make this easy salmon dinner recipe you will start by searing the salmon. Then you will prepare a rich sauce and poach the salmon in the sauce. Finally, you will thicken the flavorful sauce and serve!
Step 1: Prep and Sear
Mince the garlic cloves. Combine coconut milk, Pacific Foods Low Sodium Vegetable Broth, fish sauce and lime juice into a smooth mixture.
Step 2: Simmer the Sauce
Add minced garlic, chili and ginger to the warm pan and sauté for 2 minutes. Pour in liquid mixture and increase heat to medium-high. Cook until the sauce bubbles.
Reduce the heat and allow the sauce to simmer for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Step 3: Poach the Salmon
Add the salmon back into the pan with the skin side up. Poach in the simmering sauce for 6 minutes while you spoon sauce over the skin side.
Step 4: Thicken the Sauce
Remove salmon from the pan and prepare an arrowroot starch and water slurry. Increase the heat of the sauce to medium and while you’re stirring the sauce, slowly pour in the starch mixture. Stir the sauce constantly as it thickens for a few minutes and then turn off the heat.
Step 5: Enjoy!
Return the salmon to the thickened sauce skin side down. Coat the salmon in the sauce and enjoy!
Can I make this Chili Lime Poached Salmon recipe ahead of time?
You can, but this recipe is best consumed immediately. If you need to make it ahead of time, I advise consuming it within 48 hours of preparing. Store the salmon in the sauce in the refrigerator and then reheat on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Check out these other healthy salmon recipes
Keep reading to grab the full healthy salmon recipe. If you make this Chili Lime Poached Salmon with Pacific Foods Low Sodium Vegetable Broth, please let me know in the comments or on Instagram!
- 2 fillets of salmon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 2 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Zest from 1 lime
- 1/2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 2 tbsp water
- Season salmon fillets on flesh and skin side with salt. Mince garlic and grate fresh ginger. Combine coconut milk, vegetable broth, lime juice and fish sauce in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Sear salmon in warm oil over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side. Remove salmon fillets from the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add minced garlic, ginger, and chili flakes to the warm pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Pour liquid mixture into the pan. Stir and increase the heat to medium high until the sauce bubbles.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer the sauce for 5 minutes and then add the seared salmon back to the pan with the skin side up. Poach salmon in the simmer sauce for 4-6 minutes keeping the skin side up the whole time and regularly spooning sauce over the skin side of the salmon.
- Remove the poached salmon from the sauce. Combine arrowroot starch and water. Pour slurry into the sauce as you’re stirring the sauce. Continue stirring until the sauce thickens. Serve salmon with the thicken chili lime sauce, garnish with lime zest and cilantro and enjoy!