This Lemon Pepper Salmon recipe is the easiest way to make a tender, flakey and flavorful filet of salmon in less than 20 minutes. This Whole30 salmon recipe is perfect for a healthy weeknight dinner or meal prep.
A simple and healthy one-pan salmon recipe
There are tons of reasons why I try to eat salmon at least once a week for lunch, but the top reason has to be because it tastes so good! I used to crispy my salmon up in a cast iron skillet. Lately I like it a bit softer and have found this lemon pepper salmon recipe to be perfect.
I especially love lemon pepper salmon on a big salad for lunch. When I share my salmon in a lunchbox on instagram I inevitably get the question, but do you eat it cold?! And the answer is yes, I do.
I don’t mind it cold, but if you prefer to have it warm just enjoy it at home. Otherwise, you’re that person in the office who reheats your fish in the shared microwave. Nobody wants to be that person.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this Whole30 Salmon Recipe?
How should I enjoy this simple healthy salmon?
The beautiful thing about this tender and flakey salmon is that the flavor is very versatile. That means you can pair it with basically anything you want! My favorite way to enjoy lemon pepper salmon is on a big chopped salad with alllll the toppings.
Lemon pepper salmon is also delicious over a bed of zoodles, with roasted brussels sprouts or even some mashed cauliflower. Or if you’re feeling really creative, like I am some days, flake off some of the salmon and put it on a tortilla. It makes a delicious fish taco.
What ingredients will I need to make this Lemon Pepper Salmon?
Let’s make some Lemon Pepper Salmon!
To make this salmon you will need filets of salmon. I opt for wild caught when I can.
Cook the fish in a frying pan in the marinade over medium-low heat.
Start skin side down, cook for 4-5 minutes and then flip. Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes and then remove the fish from the pan.
The salmon will be cooked through, but soft and flakey.
The full recipe can be found down below. If you try this out, please share your meal with me on Instagram!Print
A simple and delicious one-pan salmon recipe
- If needed, cut salmon into fillets
- Pour lemon juice, avocado oil, salt, and pepper into a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly
- Toss salmon fillets in lemon pepper marinade
- Add a drizzle of oil to a frying pan and heat over medium-low heat
- Once warm add the salmon to the pan skin side down and pour the lemon pepper marinade over top
- Cook the fillets skin side down for 4-5 minutes (depending on thickness)
- Flip the fillets and cook skin side up for an additional 4-5 minutes
- Remove from the pan and enjoy immediately or store in the fridge in an airtight container for no more than 2 days
Keywords: lemon pepper salmon, low carb salmon, healthy one pan salmon recipe