Use this Instant Pot Pork Roast recipe to make a delicious and tender roast pork in the instant pot. Slice the pork thinly and serve over mashed potatoes or on a pork sandwich!
make a Mouthwatering Pork Roast in a pinch
When you need to feed a hungry crowd, this instant pot pork roast recipe will be your new go-to solution. It requires only a few panty ingredients, takes just over an hour to come together, and is loaded with flavor.
Whether you’re looking to make the most of your Sunday evening or are pressed for time on a weekday night, this instant pot pork roast recipe is the perfect time-saving solution. Despite its quick preparation time, the rich flavor and tenderness of this instant pot pork roast will have everyone thinking it cooked all day.
The bottom line is you can’t go wrong with a pork roast instant pot recipe. So, relax and savor this meal with a little extra time back.
- Instant Pot or any pressure cooker
- Measuring spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
- Sharp knife and cutting board
Another reason I like this pork roast in instant pot recipe is for how versatile it is. One way I like to enjoy it is with mashed potatoes or these simple red skin mashed potatoes and a side of veggies. I like to serve it with these air fryer brussels sprouts.
Also, you can’t go wrong with slicing it very thin and enjoying it as a classic pork sandwich. Make it a Philly pork sandwich with a seeded roll, provolone, and broccoli rabe
- Boneless pork loin or boneless pork shoulder
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Chicken broth
For this instant pot pork roast, you can use either a boneless pork loin or a boneless pork shoulder. Both will yield a tasty and tender final result.
I like to use chicken broth, but you can use a pork stock, beef broth or even a vegetable broth in this recipe.
You can switch up the seasoning blends to fit your needs. If you want something a little spicier you can use some red pepper flakes in the rub. If you want something slightly sweet, mix some brown sure and nutmeg in with the other ingredients.
How to make this instant pot pork roast
Step 1: Season and saute
To begin, mix salt, garlic powder, black pepper, thyme, and sage together. Rub the pork with the seasoning mixture on all sides.
Then, heat oil in the instant pot on saute mode. You will want to sear the seasoned pork until browned on all sides which should be about 10 minutes total.
Step 2: add broth and pressure cook
Next, turn off saute mode and pour the chicken broth into the instant pot. Turn to manual high pressure and set the timer to 45 minutes.
Set the vent to sealing and allow the instant pot to come to pressure. It will cook for 45 minutes.
Step 3: Release pressure and enjoy
After the instant pot pork roast cooks for 45 minutes, the timer will beep. Next, manually release pressure.
Remove the roast from the pan and allow it to cool slightly. Slice the pork into thin slices and mix with the juices in the instant pot.
Now it is time to serve. Enjoy!
Storage and reheating
Allow the pork roast to cool completely. Slice and transfer to an airtight container. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheat slices of the pork in some of the juices on the stovetop. Heat in a skillet over medium low until the pork is just warmed through.
Check out these other Instant Pot Favorites
- Instant Pot Tomato Soup
- Short Rib Ragu
- Easy Instant Pot Meatballs
- Instant Pot Salsa Verde Shredded Chicken
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 3lb boneless pork loin or boneless pork shoulder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried rubbed sage
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Mix salt, garlic powder, black pepper, thyme and sage together. Rub pork roast with seasoning mixture on all sides.
- Heat oil in instant pot on saute mode. Sear seasoned pork until browned on all sides – about 10 minutes total.
- Turn off saute mode and pour chicken broth into the instant pot.
- Turn to manual high pressure and set the timer to 45 minutes. Set the vent to sealing and allow the instant pot to come to pressure.
- Instant pot will cook for 45 minutes. Once the timer beeps, manually release pressure.
- Remove the roast from the pan and allow to cool slightly. Slice the pork into thin sliced and mix with the juices in the instant pot. Serve warm.