Use this No Bread Turkey Club method to make your favorite sandwich into a low carb sandwich. Make a no bread sandwich by rolling all of your favorite fillings into a romaine lettuce wrap.
Replace your regular turkey sandwich with this no bread sandwich recipe!
When I first stumbled upon the magic that is the no bread turkey club I mostly made them with the same set of ingredients: some mayo or dressing, turkey, bacon, tomatoes, and avocado. Since that time I have made AT LEAST one of these a week every week and they just keep getting better.
I will still call them a no bread turkey club, but let’s call a spade a spade. They are really just a delicious lettuce wrapped sandwich. You can call it a keto turkey club, a paleo turkey sandwich, or a low carb sandwich, but you can always use the same method to make it.
What kitchen tools do I need to make this No Bread Turkey Club?
One of the best things about this no bread sandwich recipe is that you don’t need any special tools to make it. You just need a few simple things that hopefully you already have in your kitchen!
What ingredients do I need to make this keto turkey club?
The fun thing about this low carb sandwich recipe is that you can use almost anything that you would put in a regular sandwich. There are a few exceptions though. I have found that anything too wet will not work for a no bread turkey club. So avoid anything like chicken salad, tuna salad, or egg salad.
I almost always use turkey lunch meat and bacon. Then I change up the sauce and use either honey mustard or ranch. If I am not on the Whole30, I usually use some cheese as well!
My favorite part of this sandwich is hands down the crunch of the bacon. I get a uniform crisp on my bacon by cooking it in the oven. I wrote a post all about making my bacon that way here.
But how do I roll it up!?
The only tricky part is rolling these no bread sandwiches into a tight roll. I made a video showing how I use the parchment to help me roll it up. Hit play on the video above to see!
Basically you will just lay all of your ingredients on your parchment one on top of each other. Then, take the edge of the parchment that is closest to your body and start to roll the parchment and ingredients into a wrap. As you roll tuck in the ends of the wrap like you’re making a burrito.
Can I make this No Bread Turkey Club ahead of time?
You can, but these no bread sandwiches are best enjoyed immediately. I like to make them when I am spending the whole day at home. If you want to prep one for work, leave off the sauce and tomato so that it doesn’t get soggy in your lunchbox.
You can find the full instructions below. If you make one of these No Bread Turkey Blubs, please share a rating and review in the comments and share it with me on Instagram!Print
Use this method to make a low carb sandwich
- 5–6 romaine lettuce leave
- 4 pieces of turkey lunch meat
- 3 strips of cooked bacon
- 1/4 of an avocado
- 3 slices of tomato
- Optional: a few teaspoons of your favorite sandwich spread
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on a large plate or cutting board
- Rinse and dry the romaine lettuce
- Then cut the stems out of each piece of lettuce – you can skip this step, but I find it rolls easier without the stems
- Lay the lettuce on the parchment in overlapping lines until you form a 10″ x 8″ rectangle of lettuce
- Then drizzle on your sandwich spread of choice – I usually use ranch
- Layer on your fillings starting with lunch meat, then bacon, then tomatoes, and finally avocado
- Use the parchment to help roll the sandwich into a tight tube by folding in the ends as you roll
- Slice the sandwich in half and fold down the parchment as you eat!
Keywords: no bread turkey club, paleo turkey sandwich, no bread sandwich, no bread sandwich recipe