Easy Baked Gnocchi Recipe
Make this Easy Baked Gnocchi Recipe in one pan. Combine ground turkey, marinara sauce, veggies and cheese with pasta to make a healthy skillet gnocchi.
Make this Gnocchi bake for An easy weeknight Dinner
We all love an easy but healthy weeknight dinner, right? This easy baked gnocchi recipe was created after a craving for a pasta bake, but I only had gnocchi on hand!
The recipe calls for ground turkey, but you can sub that for any ground meat you’d like. You can also hide lots of vegetables in this dish to amp up it’s nutrient density! I use onions and spinach, but you could add in some bell peppers, zucchini, eggplant – you name it!
The soft gnocchi is tossed with spinach, seasoned ground turkey, and marinara and then baked with gooey mozzarella cheese.
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups
- Liquid measuring cup
- Large oven safe skillet
- Cooking utensil like a wooden spoon or spatula
What is Gnocchi?
Traditionally, this little Italian dumpling is made from potatoes and wheat. Though it is not technically pasta, it is often treated similarly in dishes.
They can be found in many forms: shelf stable, frozen, or fresh! It has become quite popular to find gnocchi with various different kinds of vegetables included – like cauliflower, sweet potato, or kale. The traditional kind will always be my favorite.
Baked Gnocchi Recipe Ingredients
- Yellow onion
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Ground turkey
- Fresh spinach
- Marinara sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
Ingredient Substitutions for skillet gnocchi
This baked gnocchi recipe is actually quite versatile. You can add any vegetables you’d like to make it more nutrient dense. With a few substitutions it can fit many different dietary requirements!
You can use cauliflower gnocchi in place of wheat based gnocchi to make this gluten free (just make sure your cauliflower gnocchi is in fact gluten free!). You can use a dairy free mozzarella to make this dairy free, and if you’re vegan you can also replace the ground meat with a meat substitution and make it vegan!
How to make this Baked Gnocchi Recipe
Step 1: prepare Ingredients
Dice the yellow onion and set aside. Measure out the spices and herbs.
Step 2: Prepare on the stovetop
Heat a large oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and onions and saute until soft and fragrant.
Place the turkey in the skillet and break it up as it browns. Add in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried oregano, and dried basil.
Saute the spinach until wilted.
Step 3: Bake the dish
Turn off the stove top and add in the gnocchi and marinara sauce to the skillet. Stir to combine. Cover the top with mozzarella cheese.
Bake in the oven.
Step 4: Serve
Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly, and serve with fresh basil.
Storage and reheating
Once fully cooled, store this gnocchi bake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes, until warmed through.
Check out these other delicious Pasta Recipes
- Mushroom Alfredo Pasta
- Creamy Meat Sauce One Pot Pasta
- Asparagus Lemon Garlic Pasta
- Sun Dried Tomato and Turkey One Pot Pasta
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
Easy Baked Gnocchi Recipe
Make a healthy gnocchi bake in one pan with simple ingredients
- 1/2 a yellow onion diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3 large handfuls spinach
- 1 lb gnocchi
- 28oz marinara sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F. Heat a large oven safe skillet over medium heat. Add the oil and onions to the skillet and saute until soft and fragrant – about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the ground turkey to the skillet and break up into crumbles as it browns. After 3 minutes of browning the ground turkey, pour the salt, pepper, garlic powder, dried oregano and dried basil into the skillet.
- Place the spinach in the skillet and toss to combine with the turkey and onions. Saute until wilted.
- Turn off the heat and pour the gnocchi and marinara sauce in the skillet.Toss to combine all of the ingredients and then cover the top with the shredded mozzarella.
- Place the skillet in oven to bake at 350F for 28-30 minutes. Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly, and serve with fresh basil.
Leave a Comment