Sun Dried Tomato and Turkey One Pot Pasta is a quick and easy weeknight dinner. This sun dried tomato pasta is so simple and bursting with flavor.
Simplify dinner with this creamy and delicious sun dried tomato pasta
I like to have a few super easy dinners to have on rotation when we have little time or energy to get dinner together. With this sun dried tomato sauce pasta recipe I can make a full, hearty dinner in less than 30 minutes.
Just brown some ground turkey, add your other ingredients into the pot and simmer. The dried pasta absorbs the liquid as it cooks and you are left with a delicious and creamy sun dried tomato pasta dish.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this Sun Dried Tomato and Turkey One Pot Pasta?
- Large pot or dutch oven
- Measuring spoons
- Liquid measuring cup
- Wooden mixing spoon or stiff spatula
- Serving spoon
What ingredients will I need to make this sun dried tomato recipe?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make this sun dried tomato pasta with just a few simple ingredients.
- Avocado oil
- Ground turkey
- Ground pepper
- Garlic powder
- Dried pasta
- Chicken broth
- Julienne cut sun dried tomatoes in oil
- Diced tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
Do I have to use sun dried tomatoes in oil?
Yes! This is a crucial ingredient. The julienne cut sun dried tomatoes not in oil do not add enough flavor to the dish.
There are several brands that make these sun dried tomatoes in oil. You can find them near the jarred pesto and pasta suace at most grocery stores.
Can I make this into a vegetarian one pot pasta dish?
Yes! It is very easy to use a meat substitute like the Beyond Meat crumbles in place of the ground turkey to keep this meal vegetarian. If you leave out the parmesan cheese, then this is a fully vegan pasta dish!
How to make Sun Dried Tomato and Turkey One Pot Pasta
Step 1: Brown ground turkey
To begin, heat oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat.Once the oil is hot, add the ground turkey to the pot.
Then, allow the turkey to brown for 3 minutes. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to the pot with the ground turkey.
Continue cooking the turkey and spices and breaking into small crumbles with a spatula for 4 minutes.
Step 2: Bring all ingredients to a boil
Then, add the dry pasta, sundried tomatoes with oil, diced tomatoes with liquid, chicken broth, and water to the pot. Stir the ingredients to combine.
Next, increase the heat to high and bring to a rolling boil. Continue stirring occasionally as you bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer.
Step 3: Simmer and cook pasta to al dente
Continue simmering for 8-9 minutes stirring frequently. Then, test the pasta to check if it’s al dente, if it is turn off the heat. If not, continue simmering.
Step 4: Cool slightly and enjoy!
Finally, to make the pasta extra creamy, stir in 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese.
Allow to cool slightly and serve with parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper and fresh basil.
How long will this sun dried tomato recipe keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, allow the pasta to cool completely. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheat this pasta with sun dried tomatoes in the microwave or on the stove top. If you reheat it on the stove top, add a little liquid back into the pot to loosen the sauce.
Check out these other quick and easy pasta recipes!
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!Print
Creamy and delicious sun dried tomato pasta with ground turkey
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lb dried pasta
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 (8oz) jar of julienne cut sun dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 (14.5oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
** To make this recipe vegetarian substitute plant based crumbles in place of the ground turkey
- Heat oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat
- Once the oil is hot add the ground turkey to the pot
- Allow the turkey to brown for 3 minutes
- Add salt, pepper and garlic powder to the pot with the ground turkey
- Continue cooking the turkey and spices and breaking into small crumbles with a spatula for 4 minutes
- Add the dry pasta, sun dried tomatoes with oil, diced tomatoes with liquid, chicken broth, and water to the pot
- Stir the ingredients to combine
- Increase the heat to high and bring to a rolling boil – continue stirring occasionally as you bring to a boil
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer
- Continue simmering for 8-9 minutes stirring frequently
- Test the pasta to check if its cooked, if it is turn off the heat. If not, continue simmering
- To make the pasta extra creamy, stir in 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Allow to cool slightly and serve with parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper and basil
Keywords: sun dried tomato pasta, ground turkey one pot pasta, sun dried tomato recipes