This Healthy Baked Chicken Cutlet is a simple and delicious recipe that will become a staple in your home kitchen. You can use this recipe in a sandwich or wrap, to top a salad or even as a base for a meal like chicken parm.
This Healthy Baked Chicken Cutlet recipe will become a staple in your kitchen.
I am always on the hunt for healthy and simple recipes that I can make over and over again for myself and my loved ones. A chicken cutlet is the perfect staple recipe because it is so versatile.
This recipe is Whole30 compliant and Paleo and can be used in many different ways. It can be used in a lettuce wrap or on a salad or as the base or a recipe like chicken parm.
What can I make with this baked chicken cutlet recipe?
I love this healthy chicken cutlet recipe because it is SO simple and versatile. It can be used for so many different recipes.
This baked chicken cutlet is perfect to topping salads or adding to a sandwich. It can also be used in recipes.
I added these gluten-free chicken cutlets to a cast iron skillet with marinara, topped with mozzarella cheese and baked for simple chicken parm.
What kitchen tools will I need to make this simple and delicious recipe?
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Meat tenderizer
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Shallow bowls
- Baking sheet with wire rack
What ingredients will I need to make this chicken cutlet?
You will be amazed at how easy it is to make this Whole30 and paleo-friendly chicken cutlet in your oven!
Let’s make a Healthy Baked Chicken Cutlet!
Step 1: Cut and Pound Chicken
First, take your chicken breasts and slice them in half horizontally. Then, pound them slightly thinner with a meat tenderizer.
Step 2: Bread Each Piece of Chicken
Next, prepare a breading station by whisking the eggs in a shallow bowl and combining almond flour and seasonings in a separate bowl. Then, take each piece of chicken and bread it.
Step 3: Bake and Broil
Once all pieces of chicken are breaded, place the baking sheet in the oven and bake at 425F for 12 minutes. Then, remove the tray from the oven, flip the chicken and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Finally, increase the heat to a broil, broil the chicken until it starts to become golden brown. Then, remove the chicken from the oven and allow to cool slightly before enjoying!
Step 4: Enjoy!
How long will this chicken keep in the fridge?
Once prepared, these chicken cutlets should be good for up to 4 days in your refrigerator. Reheat them in the oven or toaster oven for best taste.
You can find the full recipe below. If you make this recipe, please rate and review it in the comments, or share it with me on Instagram!
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat the oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with a metal wire rack
- Cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally so you have 2 thinner pieces
- Pound the chicken breast pieces with a meat tenderizer to thin slightly
- Create a breading station by whisking two eggs in a shallow bowl
- In a separate shallow bowl combine almond flour, salt, pepper, dried parsely, and smoked paprika
- Dip each chicken breast piece in egg and then press both sides into the almond flour mixture
- Lay each breaded chicken piece on the baking sheet with wire rack
- Bake at 425F for 12 minutes, remove from the oven and flip each piece
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes
- Increas the oven heat to a broil and broil for 3 minutes or until each piece begins to get a nice brown crisp
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly, and enjoy!