Servings: 16 squares 1x
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl combine 1 cup peanut butter, 1/4 cup honey, and 1/4 tsp salt
- Once thoroughly combined add the rice crispies to the bowl and mix again
- Mix until the cereal and pb are an even mixture
- Press firmly into the pan
- Heat chocolate chips and 1 tbsp of peanut butter in the microwave or over a double boiler until the chocolate melts and the peanut butter can be easily mixed in
- Pour the chocolate over the rice krispie layer
- Season with flakey sea salt if desired
- Place in the fridge to chill until the bars are solid – at least 2 hours
- Cut the bars into 16 even squares and enjoy!
- Store the bars in the fridge and enjoy shortly after removing from the fridge because the bars will melt quickly
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.