Servings: 4 servings 1x
- Preheat oven to 400F. Remove stems from mushrooms and slice into even slices. Season chicken thighs on top and bottom with salt, pepper and dried thyme.
- Heat a large oven safe skillet over medium heat and add olive oil.Sear chicken thighs for 3 minutes on each side. Remove chicken thighs from the pan.
- Place mushrooms in pan and add more oil if needed. Saute mushrooms until they start to brown – about 5 minutes. Salt lightly and add butter and minced garlic to the pan.
- When the butter has melted pour orzo into the pan and toss to coat it in the butter. Toast the orzo for 2 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth into the pan and nestle the seared chicken thighs into the orzo, mushrooms and broth. Make sure all of the orzo is covered in broth to ensure even cooking.
- Place pan in the oven and bake at 400F for 15-17 minutes. Check the chicken thighs for an internal temperature of 165F. Top with freshly grated parmesan cheese and fresh thyme and serve
- Any type of mushrooms work for this dish just slice into equal sizes slices
- You can use chicken breast instead of thighs but they may take longer to cook – check for an internal temp of 165F
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.