Servings: 6 servings 1x
- 1 cup orzo
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium cucumber
- 4oz cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 4oz feta cheese
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- Salt and pepper
- Bring vegetable broth to a boil in a medium sized sauce pan. Pour orzo into the boiling water and stir. Reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer uncovered until the orzo is cooked through and most of the vegetable broth has been absorbed, about 10 minutes. Drain any excess broth and immediately toss the orzo in the olive oil.
- Allow the orzo to cool completely. Prep the veggies while the orzo cools. Chop cucumber, cut tomatoes into quarters, cut olives in half and crumble the feta.
- Zest the lemon and squeeze 2 tbsp of lemon juice out of it after zesting. Chop the fresh herbs.
- Pour cooled orzo into a large mixing bowl with the chopped veggies, feta, lemon juice, lemon zest, red wine vinegar and fresh herbs. Toss to combine completely.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- store in the fridge for up to 4 days
- use gluten free orzo or quinoa to make this gluten free
- omit feta or use a plant based feta to make this vegan
- use a different vinegar if you need to
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.