- 1 lb ground chicken
- ½ a bell pepper – finely diced
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs (use 2 tbsp almond flour to make gluten free)
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried dill
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place ground chicken, diced bell pepper, egg, crumbled feta, bread crumbs and seasonings into a large mixing bowl. Use clean hands or a spoon to mix together.
- Scoop out 12 meatballs – each about 2 tbsp. Roll each into a ball with wet hands.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in an oven safe skillet over medium heat. Sear the meatballs on one side for about 3 minutes. Flip gently (they will be slightly soft) and place skillet in the oven.
- Cook meatballs in the oven at 375F for 12-14 minutes. Check for an internal temperature of at least 165F. Allow the meatballs to cool slightly and serve.
*** Serve in pitas – cut pitas in half and open up the pocket. Spread tzatziki inside followed by some cucumber and bell pepper. Cut the meatballs in half and place inside the pita followed by lettuce, fresh mint and crumbled feta.
*** Serve on a salad – put down a bed of lettuce followed by chopped veggies, meatballs, crumbled feta and fresh mint. Use tzatziki as a dressing or cut up meatballs and toss the salad in a simple mixture of olive oil, red wine vinegar and lemon juice.