Servings: 12 tarts 1x
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed in the fridge overnight
- 2 large granny smith apples
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 10oz bag of square caramels
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Peel apples and cut into small cubes or thin slices. Toss apples in brown sugar, cinnamon and salt and set aside to macerate.
- Roll puff pastry sheets into even rectangles. Cut each sheet into 6 small rectangles and place on parchment lined baking sheets. Spoon cubed apples or arrange apple slices on top of the puff pastry sheets with 1/2 inch of space around the outside.
- Bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes or until the edges of the pastry are puffed and golden brown.
- While the tarts bake, prepare a simple caramel sauce. Unwrap caramels and place in a sauce pan with 2 tbsp water over medium-low heat. Stir regularly until the caramel melts, be careful not to let it burn. Mix in 2 tbsp of heavy cream and carefully pour into a glass or ceramic jar for serving
- Drizzle caramel sauce over puff pastries and serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.