Servings: 4 servings 1x
- 1.5 – 2lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (2–3 breasts)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F. Heat 1/2 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Pour panko in the pan and toss to coat in the oil. Toss and stir frequently for 4-5 minutes, careful not to burn the panko. You want the panko to be golden brown and toasted.
- Immediately remove panko from pan and allow to cool in a shallow bowl. While the panko cools, slice the chicken breasts in half through the middle so you have 2 thinner filets.
- Pound chicken until it lays flat, but you don’t want it too thin.
- Mix panko with parmesan cheese, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Crack egg into a separate shallow bowl and whisk with 1 tbsp of olive oil. Pour all purpose flour into a third shallow bowl and mix with salt and pepper.
- Bread chicken by dipping into the flour first, then the egg and finally the panko breading mixture. Press chicken into panko firmly to coat
- Place panko chicken onto a lightly greased sheet pan. Bake at 425F for 15 minutes, flip chicken and bake for another 7-8 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F. Transfer baked chicken to a wire rack so it remains crispy. Serve immediately!
- you must toast the panko breadcrumbs before using them otherwise the chicken will not be as crispy
- freshly grated parmesan cheese will melt better while the chicken bakes
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.